• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I did L1 on December 22nd, and paid my local January 18th. Nothing yet. What gives?

I'm starting to think there is a problem with Carmel. So far there are three of us on this thread that did L-1 and live in Carmel waiting well over the average times. I haven't heard of a single person in Carmel actually getting theirs yet... :dunno:

Iurobz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    In Carmel

I'm starting to think there is a problem with Carmel. So far there are three of us on this thread that did L-1 and live in Carmel waiting well over the average times. I haven't heard of a single person in Carmel actually getting theirs yet... :dunno:

Should have put that in my post. In Carmel, and go my LTCH yesterday. Applied (after the usual wait to see the Chief period was waved) on Feb 8. You might inquire to see if there is an issue or lost paperwork.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Should have put that in my post. In Carmel, and go my LTCH yesterday. Applied (after the usual wait to see the Chief period was waved) on Feb 8. You might inquire to see if there is an issue or lost paperwork.

I guess e-mailing or calling CPD couldn't hurt. I was apparently in the last wave of people that had to meet with the chief. I would hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Drewm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    I had issues with my money order so I've been on the phone with ISP. Everything is good now, but he did tell me they are processing Jan. 14th apps today. I assume that's non L1 apps.

Newowner574

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Mishawaka indiana
    Here's my story. Although its only been a lie over a month since I applied here's everything that's happened.
    Filled out my application online. I answered yes to the mental health question because I've had anxiety since I can remember. ( looking back I could have answered no but that's another day)

Went the week after and did my finger prints digitally. Payed for that, the state fee and local fee.

During this time I was trying to get my doctor to write me a letter of approval. 3 weeks goes by and 4 phone calls to the office later he said he doesn't believe in guns and that he doesn't like doing paper work and that's what took so long to get back to me. According to in.gov I can write a letter explaining my situation which I did. Called the state and they never got my letter nor my application.
    Finally I got my health records sent to ISP, which I missunderstood my local police department and my records are supposed to go to local first and then state.

Luckily when I emailed ISP they forwarded my email to a lady that I've been in constant contact with. What's going on now is that she told me to email her my letter, and that when she gets my health records she will call up my local police department and talk with them. She said she has no record of my application and the reason why was because I never sent my health records to my local police, that's why there are no records at ISP. But the lady I've been talking to is super nice and helpful and told me that I have nothing to worry about.

Hopefully it all works out. I feel pretty lucky that I actually got to speak with this lady. She actually called me personally. So I gotta email her next week and see if she got my health records and then if she did then shed gun a call my local pd and talk with them.

Wish me luck!

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    In Carmel

I guess e-mailing or calling CPD couldn't hurt. I was apparently in the last wave of people that had to meet with the chief. I would hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Got LTCH last night.

Just wow! I called and was told to wait another two weeks, so next week will be a total of 18 weeks. Looks like folks from Feb are getting theirs. When I called Pat did say there were a few that hadn't come back so, were in the mix Nate!

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Just wow! I called and was told to wait another two weeks, so next week will be a total of 18 weeks. Looks like folks from Feb are getting theirs. When I called Pat did say there were a few that hadn't come back so, were in the mix Nate!

I don't live in Carmel, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm curious - What gives the Carmel Chief of Police the authority to hold your app until he meets with you ? I'd be interested to see where in the statutes that authority is given.

I'm not a lawyer, just the guy on the next bar stool. My :twocents:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My cousin lives up around Huntington and he had to meet with his County Sheriff. I've heard of this here and there, but I'm not sure what the legality is with this.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I don't live in Carmel, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm curious - What gives the Carmel Chief of Police the authority to hold your app until he meets with you ? I'd be interested to see where in the statutes that authority is given.

I'm not a lawyer, just the guy on the next bar stool. My :twocents:

Years past the apps were given to the Chief or Sheriff. The process here in Carmel, the Chief would review and make the recommendation regarding your lic. Since then it's been a tradition or process. There is no work around, I called the county, and once I gave them my zip, they said they couldn't help. I also tried the next county over, what I was told was even if it was approved by the county, once the state gets it they would reject it if its not signed by the Chief. It's a quick conversation, meet and greet, CPD supports your rights, encourage you to train and know your rights....and off we go.

I now understand since there has been a huge demand, the visit with the Chief has been waived. I and another person applied on Jan 9th, the group before me was about 12 people and I was told they were averaging about 20 people per session, and they were having 2 or 3 a dayl

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    well yesterday was week 14.
    L-1 on 1-26-13
    payed IPD with money order 1/28/13
    money order cashed 1/30/13

Still nothing. I am pretty sure they put me in the bad boy pile.Tthe problem I have with that is that I didnt do anything wrong in fact I was given 2,000 dollars from IPD for wrongfull arrest. So the way I see it. I should have never been put in the bad boy pile. Ive tried and tried to call but never goes threw. just keep getting the same ol same ol. Really starting to get frustrated.

pmadera

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Got it baby

Yeah, they email every jurisdiction and get your status. I have a friend at work who has similar "circumstances" as yours. Not to discourage you, but he waited 6 months. He did finally get his ticket, though. So there is hope.

I'm so glad to be posting this right now!!!!

L1 and took everything downtown Indy 11/07/2012
    Omvi and a couple minor encounters.
    Got a pink slip in the mail today about to head to 24 hour fed ex and copy and laminate :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    Seems like a good way to get judged to me. I'm
    I'm very heavily tattooed and have stretched ears and a 1" plug in my lip. I work at a tattoo shop and get judged all the time.

hmm...people making judgements based on appearance, say it aint so Joe. I know a guy who wears a suit and is inked up all over...talk about hard to judge. Sometimes the decisions we make affect our daily life, strange aint it.

to further this thread, my wife is on her second month waiting for her "license".

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers

What exactly did she mean by "hadn't come back?" Was she saying they didn't get immediate approval or something along those lines?

packrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Final update.
    applied online, printed and mailed 11-29-2012, dui in 86.
    LTCH was in the mail last night (05-09-2013)
    Happy waiting to you all.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I'm so glad to be posting this right now!!!!

L1 and took everything downtown Indy 11/07/2012
    Omvi and a couple minor encounters.
    Got a pink slip in the mail today about to head to 24 hour fed ex and copy and laminate :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Awesome ! :thumbsup:

Based on your post, Fallenangel's,and others prior, if you are on the naughty list, it's a 6 month wait.

Glad you got yours !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom