• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I called ISP, listend to recording and then pressed 0. I said, "Respectfully I have listened to the recording and I'm from Carmel and today starts 18 weeks L1. Lady giggled (not disrespectful, kind of a validation of sort of being aware) and said let me check took my Name and said it was approved today and is scheduled to be mailed. She Even gave me the Permit number. So now i have some validation, and can rest easy.

I'm happy for you! Hopefully that means I'm not for behind. Let us know when you receive it.

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    I waited until my 4 year license was about to expire and applied for lifetime the second week of February.

Still no permit! ABout 90 days now.

I carry my expired, old one with me and the paperwork that shows I paid for the Lifetime one.

Is that enough if there is an issue?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I waited until my 4 year license was about to expire and applied for lifetime the second week of February.

Still no permit! ABout 90 days now.

I carry my expired, old one with me and the paperwork that shows I paid for the Lifetime one.

Is that enough if there is an issue?

It's my understanding that is enough. As long as you applied before your old license expired. A friend at work had the same situation.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    well yesterday was week 14.
    L-1 on 1-26-13
    payed IPD with money order 1/28/13
    money order cashed 1/30/13

Still nothing. I am pretty sure they put me in the bad boy pile.Tthe problem I have with that is that I didnt do anything wrong in fact I was given 2,000 dollars from IPD for wrongfull arrest. So the way I see it. I should have never been put in the bad boy pile. Ive tried and tried to call but never goes threw. just keep getting the same ol same ol. Really starting to get frustrated.

If that arrest is on your record, I'm guessing you'll DEFINITELY be in the dreaded "bad-boy pile". Sadly, they don't care about the situation when the charge was given or even if it happened 50 yrs ago !

You'll likely be waiting up to 6 months like all of the others that I've seen who filed with any sort of criminal history. At least from what I've seen on here anyways (I've went thru and read this entire thread)

The one thing that I'm not sure of is if L1 makes a difference when applying with any sort of crim history ?

I haven't seen enough "permit received" updates from members who filed with any sort of crim history to know if filing L1 makes a difference or not. I know you go into the dreaded "bad-boy/girl pile", but I'm not sure if filing L1 would make any sort of difference at that point?

If it doesn't, they should have PLAINLY stated that on the Application to save people the extra $10 fee paid when going L1.

I understand that L1 will be the Standard, from here forward, but back when most of us filed it was optional.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Carmel

Pink is in the house!

Applied L1 11 Nov 2012.
    Met with Carmel COP on 9 Jan 2013.
    LTCH recv. 11 May.
    Total of 17 weeks and 1 day, very clean no record at all.

CARMEL has waived the meeting with the Chief so this should save some time. Keep the faith and thanks to the continued coop.

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Clark County
    Might I recommend that we all start blowing up (figuratively, don't put me on a list) the governor's email inbox with complaints about the breakdown in the process, and the fact that this process exists in the first place? You can email him by clicking here Governor Pence: Ask Mike, and then clicking on the link that says "To contact the Governor with questions or comments unrelated to the above..", and then selecting (I suppose) "State Police" from the drop down menu.

In fact, it might be good if someone more articulate and less lazy than myself would take the time to type up a "template email" outlining the issue, and then we can all copy and paste and personalize it however we wish. Let's make some noise.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    Fingerprint card: 10/11/2012
    ISP Money order cashed: 1/10/2013
    Still waiting.

Called ISP yesterday and the guy said that because I have a record, I was put into a "research pile". Then he said that my app went into processing April 30 and that it will be another 5-6 week wait.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Pink is in the house!

Applied L1 11 Nov 2012.
    Met with Carmel COP on 9 Jan 2013.
    LTCH recv. 11 May.
    Total of 17 weeks and 1 day, very clean no record at all.

CARMEL has waived the meeting with the Chief so this should save some time. Keep the faith and thanks to the continued coop.

Well, I met with the COP on 1-22. Hopefully i'll be right there with you soon. Congrats though.

SP85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Got mine yesterday, for those who are counting. Non-L1 from Westfield (Hamilton Co.)

Applied Online before 12-27
    Prints in Westfield on 01-02
    Issued 05-03
    Arrived 05-11

No clue on MO dates.

jimbo762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Camby
    Still waiting on mine, but the wife got hers Saturday, May 11.
    Applied online Jan 28.
    Did the L1 fingerprinting a week or so after that.
    Submitted and paid cash to sheriff's office on Feb 14.
    She has a clean record, i have some minor indiscretions 15-20 years ago.

darknight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    ISP received my application, prints and money order on 1-22. I was just wondering how may people are around the same wait as me?

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    13 weeks today. Still nothing. What gives?

Today is 15 weeks for me. I contacted the Fishers PD last week and they transmitted my app on 1/31/2013. They also when to the ISP website and found my app was still in the background processing phase. Lastly, they indicated that they are now telling people 15-18 weeks. Still not holding my breathe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom