• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    LTCH wait

My 4 year license will be expiring soon, so I am renewing to a lifetime LTCH this time around. Just did the fingerprints this morning and waiting for Noblesville PD to get the background check done. The nice young lady in the office said she should have the resutls back later this week or early next week. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the new pink card to arrive :)

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    My 4 year license will be expiring soon, so I am renewing to a lifetime LTCH this time around. Just did the fingerprints this morning and waiting for Noblesville PD to get the background check done. The nice young lady in the office said she should have the resutls back later this week or early next week. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the new pink card to arrive :)

It's my understanding that you can still carry if your 4 year is expired as long as your lifetime / renew is pending. Is that right?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS — A massive uptick in handgun permit applications is forcing the Indiana State Police to shuffle its staff and hire temporary workers to clear a backlog.
    The state got more than 90,000 applications in the first six months of 2013, much more than the 60,000 it received in all of 2012. That required 10 more workers to be added to the permit processing staff that usually holds eight to 10 employees.
    The increase in applications is a result of high-profile shootings and the debates over gun control that followed, said Indiana State Police Cpt. Dave Bursten.
    “It’s become a very politicized issue because you have people on one side of the issue promoting gun rights and people on other side of the issue saying ‘take the guns away,’” Bursten said. “So when people on the other side hear ‘take the guns’ away, they run out and buy guns before the law changes.”
    Indiana lawmakers have promoted gun rights in recent years, with state Sen. Jim Tomes, R-Wadesville, successfully authoring a series of measures that allowed Hoosiers to carry their firearms onto publicly-owned property.
    Still, Bursten said, the debates occurring elsewhere are affecting Indiana.
    Apps = News on the Go

Stay up to date with news and information no matter where you are. Download the Courier & Press mobile app for iOS and Android

“Other states are floating trial balloons about increasing the fees for a permit to buy a handgun,” he said. “People think, ‘Well, I better act now before the law changes in Indiana.’”
    He said some of the Indiana State Police’s new permit application processors will be temporary hires and others will be already-employed staff members who will be trained and could again be moved over if backlogs build in the future.
    The Indiana State Police is ordinarily required to process handgun permit applications in 60 days. Lately, it’s taken an average of 110 days.
    Police explained the delays in a news release this week — and said that after mid-September 2013, the delays should be eliminated and applications should be processed within the required 60-day window.
    “Historically, applications received for a license to carry a handgun averaged around 5,200 per month, but increased dramatically toward the end of 2012. January of 2013 resulted in more than 23,000 application requests being submitted to the state police,” the release said.
    “The level of demand has marginally decreased in the months that followed, falling to just over 6,500 new license requests in June. However, the overall monthly increase has led to a substantial backlog ... .”
    The new staffers should allow the state police to process 45,000 pending applications within eight to 10 weeks. To speed up processing time, police said applicants should submit their applications and fingerprints electronically.
    Indiana has issued more than 493,000 total active handgun licenses.

Indiana State Police adds to staff to process pile of gun applications » Evansville Courier & Press

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    It came today! I applied April 4th since my first had expired and my lifetime license came today. I was beginning to lose hope...three months and a day.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    FINALLY!!!!!

Non-L1
    MO cashed 2-7-13
    Issued 6-30-13
    Received 7-5-13

22jcox.jpg
    22jcox.jpg

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Should I be concerned with the amount of time I have been waiting? ISP cashed my mo on the 17th jan. I do have a disorderly conduct charge from 16 years ago, but that's it.

Just never wiuld have thought a 6 month wait time...

Actually, that's pretty normal for any criminal history. You should be pretty close.

Keep us posted so we can track wait times.

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    !4 weeks and still not camping at the mailbox. Old style fingerprints and misdemeanor in 1982. Bought a new S&W 638 for c/c on the 3rd so I guess I need to keep being patient.
    Congrats to all the people that received theirs.
    Everyone else, hang in there.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    !4 weeks and still not camping at the mailbox. Old style fingerprints and misdemeanor in 1982. Bought a new S&W 638 for c/c on the 3rd so I guess I need to keep being patient.
    Congrats to all the people that received theirs.
    Everyone else, hang in there.

I would pitch your tent around 11-1. Might be a little cold out by the mailbox by then. :):

Hopefully it's sooner. Sounds like ISP has a new plan to alleviate the backlog. Let's hope it works. Don't know if it will help those who got tossed into the naughty boy pile, though. :dunno:

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    Paid L-1 and State fees electronically on 3/28, digital prints on 3/29. Local fee paid to NPD on 4/5. Was told to expect it around July 4th, arrived on the 6th.

DeadEyeDad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Almost break my neck getting to the P.O. Box everyday looking for my LTCH.

Online App 1/13/13
    L-1 Prints 1/16/13
    Money Paid to Local 1/18/13 (lol town Marshall can be tough to track down sometimes)

Money Order Cashed 2/13/13

Have some misdemeanors. I'm in the "bad boy" pile for sure.

:rockwoot: Finally!!!!!!!!!

24 weeks (5 months 23 days)
    Cass county. With a violent misdemeanor conviction in 1996.
    Hang in there ladies and gentlemen.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    is there a number or email to contact the ISP about my permit, I did L1 and paid all fees on 08MAR13 and am still waiting.

There is both an email and phone number. The phone number will get you a recorded message directing you to the website. The email will get you a canned response with the anticipated wait time.

Your best source of information is right here.

With your dates, and providing you have no criminal history, you should be close.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My wife has now been waiting since Feb. 19th. I sent in a status request email, has anyone gotten a response to one of those, and if you did, how long did it take?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    My wife has now been waiting since Feb. 19th. I sent in a status request email, has anyone gotten a response to one of those, and if you did, how long did it take?

ISP used to respond to email inquiries, but I think they have even stopped doing that now. It was a "cut and paste" response telling you how busy they are and what your estimated wait time was. Nothing personal to your app.

Your best source of informatiion is right here. If you look back through this thread, you can get a pretty good idea of the wait times. If your wife did electronic prints and has no record,she is overdue. If she does have any criminal history, expect 6 months from the date of app.

Your wait time is mostly dependent on when your local PD transmitted the app.If they held it for any length of time, that will delay it further.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom