• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtikay12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would guess that you would be approved. The only denials I have heard of were folks that did not list a conviction. Even those were issued after appeal and signing a corrected application. Unfortunately, that process took 8 months.
    When i applied for the ltch i did not put down that i was arrested as a child, i thought it was for your adult record so i put down no arrest. But when i talked to him today he has asked me and i told him i was arrested as a child when he had asked me. i know if you dont put it down that you was arrested they can deny you your ltch, thats why i asked if they would deny me. thanks for the anwser

nightwindrc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Well email to state rep fell on deaf ears. Only response has been generic return email.

Applied 1st of jan, mailed off paper prints 5th, money order cashed 17th

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    Did my fingerprints electronically on 07/26, due to work never made it to the jail before 5 to pay the local fee until 08/09. Arrived 08/17. A coworker told me they did a batch approval for anybody without a criminal background.

k201

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It is my understanding that juvinile records are sealed once you turn 18. Otherwise I would have been tossed in the bad pile.

Sealed records can be located by criminal justice agencies only. Any record/case will not show up on a criminal history check by Noncriminal justice agencies or individuals, however they can petition the court to release the restricted records.

k201

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Also, just because you turn 18 doesn't necessarily mean they're sealed but due to being under the age of 18 it is more difficult to locate juvenile records for noncriminal justice agencies.

shanksinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    So, mine just came in today...money order was cashed 7/18, ltch was issued 8/15, arrived 8/21. I was shocked, I admit...

Edit: I did NOT do electronic fingerprinting, btw...went down to my local municipal building and got inked up.

Last edited:

ryancantshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    The City
    My brother had to wait like 6 months. He just got his last week. I was expecting bad things.

Marion County.

Applied online: 8/12
    L1 prints: 8/13
    sheriff office paperwork: 8/15

CCW received: today, 8/22/13.
    g6nJygY.jpg

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    i laughed when I read this. Thank you for stating my day off right :-)

:thumbsup:

Or, 4.08 years, in dog years.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Still hanging in for all you guys waiting. :):

:lol2:

according to the indiana state police website fire arms division ( ISP: Contact Us ) it is taking up to 14 weeks if you filed electronically, and 22 weeks if you filed paper. It has been 38 weeks for me. when i called western union they said my money order had been cashed on nov 28th, 2012. still nothing. they wont help or give any info at my local law enforcement office, or at the local state police post. when i call the main office at indy, no one ever answers the phone most of the time. when they do, the just give me a run around, and transfer me from office to office till the call gets disconnected. I tried the email address they posted on the website for getting a status check 3 times, never got an answer back. now if you look at the website the email address is gone and it says DO NOT ask for status checks. when i did manage to talk to some one on the phone, they never even asked who i was, just told me if i had any criminal history it could take an additional 6 to 8 weeks (way passed time for that as well). I do have a history but minor misdemeanors. 2 accounts of bad checks from when i was a teenager. i know people that had applied a couple months after i did that also had a criminal background, that have received there license 2 and 3 months ago. so what gives here? does anyone have any clue who i can contact, what i can do to find out what the hell is going on here? im getting to the point i dont even want the thing any more. i just want my money back. Hell, i even tried writing a letter to the state governor (not that i figured it would do any good, just thought i would try every thing) and never heard back from him. Any helpful suggestions here would be appreciated.

*** EDIT ***
    I was reading some more of hte MANY posts in this thread and saw someone recommended contacting local senators and reps, because people who do this supposedly get there LTCH issued shortly there after, so just emailed the sennetor from my district (thank god hes a republican) so lets see if this does any thing. Any other advice would still be much appriciated.

Man...that's just not right...you've been waiting probably just about the longest of anyone that I've talked to.

I also tried the whole email my Senator and my Rep's thing too...didn't work for me either....I just got the "canned-Copied/Pasted Reply" too.

Today I tried something different and it looks like it might help out.....I'll know more tomorrow and if it works I'll let you know.

I emailed my state representative today. We will see if that helps any...

I also tried the whole email my Senator and my Rep's thing too...didn't work for me either....I just got the "canned-Copied/Pasted Reply" too.

Week 32. Sent 4 emails, no response. Called Indianapolis just now, lady said that my money order was cashed on January 25, and that she shouldn't have even told me that. She said she could not tell me anything else and to just wait.

I had a few email answers early on in this process, unfortunately, the officer who was at least returning my emails has actually RETIRED since then so I know where you're coming from.

6 months today... Im going downtown wednesday to ask whoever whatever I can to find anything out.

Went downtown... Not much help they just told me because I have an arrest its taking long. They did say its pending so atleat they have it..6months+...

I was hoping that you might've had some luck with that....hopefully they'll live up to their promise and have all of us "Long-Term" waiting applicant's all caught up by SEPTEMBER

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Prints taken (L1) on 8/14/13 . Paid $10 fee at PD same day. Received permit today 8/22/13. So permit processed, issued and received in 6 working days.

Yea, they have really sped things up. Curious, what was the issue date? I received mine like 5-6 days after issue date. Could that mean yours was processed in 1 day?

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Yea, they have really sped things up. Curious, what was the issue date? I received mine like 5-6 days after issue date. Could that mean yours was processed in 1 day?

Mine was issued on 8/15 so it was processed in 1 day. FLY IN THE OINTMENT!! I always get a 4 yr. permit. My current permit expires Feb 2014. Just issued permit is good 8/15/2013 thru 8/15/2017 so I lost 6 mos of time on the permit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom