• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Mine was issued on 8/15 so it was processed in 1 day. FLY IN THE OINTMENT!! I always get a 4 yr. permit. My current permit expires Feb 2014. Just issued permit is good 8/15/2013 thru 8/15/2017 so I lost 6 mos of time on the permit.

Curious, why do you always get a 4 yr permit and not a lifetime? I fail to see the reasoning there. I can understand someone who is getting it for the first time might get a 4 year to save the money not sure if they really will carry or not.

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Curious, why do you always get a 4 yr permit and not a lifetime? I fail to see the reasoning there. I can understand someone who is getting it for the first time might get a 4 year to save the money not sure if they really will carry or not.

Just force of habit. Wait till you're 67 like me. You'll see what I mean. AAAAND, suppose I get a lifetime permit and die next year? Do you think they'll prorate it and refund the money to my vast estate? I think not.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just force of habit. Wait till you're 67 like me. You'll see what I mean. AAAAND, suppose I get a lifetime permit and die next year? Do you think they'll prorate it and refund the money to my vast estate? I think not.
    You can't take the funds with you anyways. Why not simplify a few things?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Really? That's exactly what I was going to order and didn't have a 2nd choice. Does it always take a while to get them or is the demand up?

This from their website:

"We are currently working on and shipping orders placed on June 11th.
    We anticipate getting through orders placed on June 12th by the end of the week.
    We are confident that once you receive your order and work with us in the future you will find we are a great
    company to work with for years to come that offers more than a quality product but unmatched customer service."

I ordered mine in late July, so I don't anticipate getting it for at least another month. :(

k201

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This from their website:

"We are currently working on and shipping orders placed on June 11th.
    We anticipate getting through orders placed on June 12th by the end of the week.
    We are confident that once you receive your order and work with us in the future you will find we are a great
    company to work with for years to come that offers more than a quality product but unmatched customer service."

I ordered mine in late July, so I don't anticipate getting it for at least another month. :(

Wow.. I guess I better look at other options in the meantime

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I assume I'll give some of ya's hope and just make some of ya's sick... L1 on 8-12-13, local fees 8-13-13. Misdemeanor in 2004 in Florida.. Issued 8-16-13, received 8-22-13! Woohoo.

LevelHeaded

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Finally.

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this thread for a while now. Since around the late 200 pages. I applied online before Christmas and did prints (L1) and payment the same day on 12/28/12. It finally appeared in my mailbox today. Nearly a full 8 months later.

The only inquiry I ever made into it was an email back in April that was responded to with the standard template response.

I expect that it took a while because i spent most of my life in Lake Co., got a Class C Misdemeanor OWI in 2001 in Tippecanoe Co. and currently reside in Allen Co.

All I can say is be patient and be grateful you're not me. =)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom