• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    My wait is finally over!!! Mine arrived today. :): For all those who have been waiting a very long time, get in touch with ISP. I sent an email to them less than 2 weeks ago. Who knows how long it would have taken if I hadn't. Good luck.

Awesome !!! :thumbsup:

I applied Feb. 4th and I just received my pink card was in the mail today but I was part of the bad boy list i had a misdemeanor back in 1997

:thumbsup: Hopefully others from Feb. aren't far behind

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Mind you, I just get the four year, but it only took two weeks to get mine this time. It came in the mail yesterday. I have two years left on my Utah...hope they are not backed up like Indiana seems to be with the lifetime permits!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Mind you, I just get the four year, but it only took two weeks to get mine this time. It came in the mail yesterday. I have two years left on my Utah...hope they are not backed up like Indiana seems to be with the lifetime permits!

Did you get 4 year again this go round? It's seems this recent madness to be enough to convince anyone to apply for lifetime. I don't want to go through this mess again.

mustangjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Jamestown
    So what are they looking for during these long waits. I get the bad boy list but that should only effect you if you have a felony conviction. Since the form doesn't even ask for misdemeanors or non-convictions, how can they hold these against you?

Well, it's the government. As the nice lady told me when I called. They can take all the time they want. Really?

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    How long have you been waiting??? Have you contacted ISP at all yet??? This is the link I used to get the ball rolling.

ISP: Contact Us

I filled out the application online & paid my state fee on 4/28.
    L1 prints on 4/29.
    Local fee paid 5/6.

I tried emailing ISP using that same link you provided and received this from isp@isp.IN.gov

Thank you for contacting the Indiana State Police. All emails are reviewed by the Superintendent’s Primary Staff weekly. You will receive a reply to your email once it has been addressed by the appropriate Indiana State Police personnel. IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 911. DO NOT WAIT FOR A RESPONSE.
    TICKET INFORMATION: If you have questions regarding a ticket or have lost it, you will need to call the traffic court in the county where your ticket was received. Fines are set by the courts and payments are made through them as well.
    LIMITED CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK (FINGERPRINTING): Please call 317-232-8262.
    FIREARMS LICENSING SECTION: For questions pertaining to Firearms Permits or to check the status of a permit, please call 317-232-8264.
    ROAD CLOSURES/WEATHER: For road closures and weather conditions please call 317-232-8298 (Indianapolis area only). If you are outside the Indianapolis area please call 1-800-261-7623. Please tune into your local radio or news station for traffic delays, road closings and other information. For information about road closures on state highways/interstates due to construction please call INDOT at 317-232-5533 or visit their website at www.in.gov/indot/.

I haven't received any other emails from isp.

I tried calling the Firearms Licensing Section # and a recording said due to confidentiality issues that I couldn't check the status of a permit.

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    I filled out the application online & paid my state fee on 4/28.
    L1 prints on 4/29.
    Local fee paid 5/6.
    I haven't received any other emails from isp................................

I tried calling the Firearms Licensing Section # and a recording said due to confidentiality issues that I couldn't check the status of a permit.

I see that back in the middle of August you mentioned that you forgot to list an Arrest on your Application.

If that's true and you've been waiting less than 5 months, you're actually not really behind the average wait time for MOST people with previous criminal history yet, at least when compared to what most of the others with a record have waited anyways.

Most of us that listed that we had a previous criminal record, had to wait between 6-8 months (some even waited LONGER than that), so if I were you, I would be expecting an answer in another month or 2.

I would imagine that they might've caught the fact that you had a criminal record, or why else would your LTCH application be taking so long ? I'm not really sure why they didn't just automatically deny it for failure to list previous criminal history, though, because that's what they usually do ?

Most of the people that I've talked to, or read about, who forgot to list their criminal history were usually denied for that reason but don't worry because it's usually not that big of a deal.

Just APPEAL it, then they'll give you a date to go to INDY and you usually will just have to tell them that you either forgot the arrest, were unaware of the arrest or you thought that your particular criminal history didn't apply for whatever reason (dismissal of charges or reduction of conviction or whatever applies to your particular circumstances)

Then you usually will just have to sign/initial an amended Application that includes the prior criminal history listed in the appropriate section.

A lot of the time they will then issue you your LTCH, on the spot, as long as your newly listed prior criminal history isn't the type of criminal history that is grounds for disqualification !

Good luck either way and let us know how it turns out.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I see that back in the middle of August you mentioned that you forgot to list an Arrest on your Application.

If that's true and you've been waiting less than 5 months, you're actually not really behind the average wait time for MOST people with previous criminal history yet, at least when compared to what most of the others with a record have waited anyways.

Most of us that listed that we had a previous criminal record, had to wait between 6-8 months (some even waited LONGER than that), so if I were you, I would be expecting an answer in another month or 2.

I would imagine that they might've caught the fact that you had a criminal record, or why else would your LTCH application be taking so long ? I'm not really sure why they didn't just automatically deny it for failure to list previous criminal history, though, because that's what they usually do ?

Most of the people that I've talked to, or read about, who forgot to list their criminal history were usually denied for that reason but don't worry because it's usually not that big of a deal.

Just APPEAL it, then they'll give you a date to go to INDY and you usually will just have to tell them that you either forgot the arrest, were unaware of the arrest or you thought that your particular criminal history didn't apply for whatever reason (dismissal of charges or reduction of conviction or whatever applies to your particular circumstances)

Then you usually will just have to sign/initial an amended Application that includes the prior criminal history listed in the appropriate section.

A lot of the time they will then issue you your LTCH, on the spot, as long as your newly listed prior criminal history isn't the type of criminal history that is grounds for disqualification !

:+1:

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis

The application asks for convicted felonies not arrests...

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You are right, it does.

BUT, if you have an arrest that resulted in anything other than a conviction (dismissed, dropped, suspended, etc.) you are still going to hit the "further review" pile.

I understand and that they need to verify the arrest he was saying it should
    be denied for not listing the arrest.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I understand and that they need to verify the arrest he was saying it should
    be denied for not listing the arrest.

I think every case is different and subject to the discretion of the reviewer. I've heard of some that were denied for seemingly minor issues and others that got their LARRY in 4 weeks, even with history.

Someone else on this thread remarked that there is no rhyme or reason to the process. Truer words were never spoken. So far, I haven't heard of anyone on this thread, or anywhere else for that matter, that was denied and NEVER got a license. It may take a year, but eventually they get them. Of course, felons and those are deemed not "proper persons" notwithstanding.

Since I don't have $0.02 on me, I'll have to owe you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom