• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brown Sound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    It finally arrived! I applied back on April 1st and I received it on October 22nd. I did the lifetime license and had the electronic fingerprinting done. I went to Staples this evening and had two pink copies made and laminated. It was a long wait but I'm so glad it's over!

tommywilder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Paper fingerprints at local pd 3-4-13, issued 10-17-13, received 10-19-13

I emailed ISP on their website and got a somewhat generic response back, but it included phone numbers for a couple ISP officers. Called and asked and was told if I didn't hear back within 2 weeks to let him know.

Maybe that's what it takes.

deucide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    rochester
    according to the indiana state police website fire arms division ( ISP: Contact Us ) it is taking up to 14 weeks if you filed electronically, and 22 weeks if you filed paper. It has been 38 weeks for me. when i called western union they said my money order had been cashed on nov 28th, 2012. still nothing. they wont help or give any info at my local law enforcement office, or at the local state police post. when i call the main office at indy, no one ever answers the phone most of the time. when they do, the just give me a run around, and transfer me from office to office till the call gets disconnected. I tried the email address they posted on the website for getting a status check 3 times, never got an answer back. now if you look at the website the email address is gone and it says DO NOT ask for status checks. when i did manage to talk to some one on the phone, they never even asked who i was, just told me if i had any criminal history it could take an additional 6 to 8 weeks (way passed time for that as well). I do have a history but minor misdemeanors. 2 accounts of bad checks from when i was a teenager. i know people that had applied a couple months after i did that also had a criminal background, that have received there license 2 and 3 months ago. so what gives here? does anyone have any clue who i can contact, what i can do to find out what the hell is going on here? im getting to the point i dont even want the thing any more. i just want my money back. Hell, i even tried writing a letter to the state governor (not that i figured it would do any good, just thought i would try every thing) and never heard back from him. Any helpful suggestions here would be appreciated.

*** EDIT ***
    I was reading some more of hte MANY posts in this thread and saw someone recommended contacting local senators and reps, because people who do this supposedly get there LTCH issued shortly there after, so just emailed the sennetor from my district (thank god hes a republican) so lets see if this does any thing. Any other advice would still be much appriciated.

UPDATE !!!!!!! Last month i got fed up and went into my local state police post. they called down to Indy and talked to some woman, she said she had no record of me ever applying. basically it had been lost. the officer took my name and number and said someone would call me in the next day or two and get my information including money order receipt numbers, ect. anyway, 2 weeks go by, and i hear nothing. i call Indy, and get a recording that says to email them and it hangs up on me. i email, and no response. It has been a month now, so i go into the state post again today. this time the woman he gets on the phone asked to speak to me directly. she gets my number and i go home. 20 min. later, she calls me back and tells me she found everything and hass issued the permit!!!!!!! gave me her direct line and name and told me to call her if i dont have it in my hand by next Wed. So we will see. it has only been 10 months and 25 days since my money order had been cashed. wish me luck

***EDIT***
    Dont I get some kind of reward for having the state record for the longest wait ?

I had one other question, when i was on the phone with her, she gave me the number off my license - can i carry as long as i have that number to give to an officer , or do I have to have the physical document on me?

****UPDATE****
    ATLAST !!! after 11 months 2 days 2 hours and several minutes, un known amonut of phone calls, and lots of being ignored, i fonaly got ahold of some one in fireamrs who found my lost application and got it processed and sent out out and i got my LTCH today !!!!!

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Dont I get some kind of reward for having the state record for the longest wait ?

You've had a protracted wait, to be sure, but nowhere near the longest. :):

I had one other question, when i was on the phone with her, she gave me the number off my license - can i carry as long as i have that number to give to an officer , or do I have to have the physical document on me?

That's your call, but I wouldn't. I know that a lot of folks on here maintain that you don't have to present your LTCH when asked by a LEO, but suppose you get stopped by a LEO that didn't get that word ? I suppose you would eventually prevail (assuming that the commonly held belief is true) but do you really want to take that chance for a few days ?

Again, your call. Congrats on the end of your wait (almost) anyway.

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I went out to the mailbox this afternoon after work expecting to find an Indystar sized clump of junk ads and some bills, but there it was..... A white envelope with pink paper inside! :D

Local fee paid on 5/6
    Received license 10/25

MongoSlade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2013
    Lebanon
    I'm totally shocked at how quickly I got my LTCH. I did all of my app stuff on 10/21 afternoon (~4pm) and I got my license today, 10/25. The actual license says it was issued on 10/23, and the envelope was postmarked on 10/24. If I did everything on 10/21 morning I probably would have gotten it yesterday. That is crazy compared to my old licensing process.

I moved here from MI a few months back. I had a concealed pistol license there which cost $105/4 years and I had to take an 8-hour course ($140) + 1 hour range time to get the completion certificate. To add to that, it took a full 90 days to get my permit. I had to renew it last summer and that cost me another $130 I think, but the wait was slightly shorter (~60 days).

deucide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    rochester
    I applied in mid August for lifetime with L1 via credit card. Haven't see it yet. Anyone have a number to call?

the number is on the website. ISP: Contact Us but they typicaly will tell you they cant help you on the phone, they will tell you to email, bla bla bla, anything but what you want to hear. they will still tell you there is a long wait, though there is not. i ended up having to go to my local state police post 2 times to get things taken care of after 11 months.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I'm totally shocked at how quickly I got my LTCH. I did all of my app stuff on 10/21 afternoon (~4pm) and I got my license today, 10/25. The actual license says it was issued on 10/23, and the envelope was postmarked on 10/24. If I did everything on 10/21 morning I probably would have gotten it yesterday. That is crazy compared to my old licensing process.

I moved here from MI a few months back. I had a concealed pistol license there which cost $105/4 years and I had to take an 8-hour course ($140) + 1 hour range time to get the completion certificate. To add to that, it took a full 90 days to get my permit. I had to renew it last summer and that cost me another $130 I think, but the wait was slightly shorter (~60 days).

:thumbsup: That's a great first post.

Welcome to :ingo: and welcome to IN.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

Congrats! Seems like they're busting out new applicants quite fast now.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Filled it out online, went to the PD for finger prints, paid them and mailed everything out on 10/1. Got it in the mail today. Was confused, though, was expecting pink and this looks more salmon. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom