• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mdmx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    La Porte
    update on mine! called LaPorte county on Feb. 20th just to make sure it was approved and sent to state. Lady was very rude and said it takes 7-8 months nothing they can do to check on it. Every time I tried to say something she interrupted me.
    As soon as I got off the phone I emailed the sheriff thru the Counties website. Stating we all picked our own careers and if the person doesn't like there job at county they should move on and find something less stressful. 7am feb. 21 i had a phone call from a detective in charge of the gun permit division. He apologized for his staff and is going to look into the staff that was being rude. Informed me on my license status. He said it was mailed to state on Jan. 28,14 and was approved by our local county. so now the waiting on the states end I guess.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Coworker of mine just got his Lifetime LTCH in the mail today (today to me, yesterday to ya'll, lol.), says it took him 9 days. Not sure if that was start of process, or printing, or mailing money, but he was pleased with how quick it was.

Lafteacher62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Lafayette
    I received my LTCH yesterday - did electronic fingerprinting last Thursday afternoon at 3:30, paid at police dept. at 4:15 and they mailed the LTCH out on Wednesday. I'm pretty impressed since the PD said 6 -10 weeks and it actually took only 4 working days.

rdb700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Southern IN
    I sent mine in Feb.4 2013 and received mine Oct. 14 2013. I didn't do electronic prints (mistake ). I had called a few to times to state Police but no help there at all. I did have a misdemeanor30 yrs ago. But I have them now so that's what counts.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Everyone that is saying theirs took months, did you guys do electronic fingerprinting and have any sort of record? Seems odd some are taking a year and some are taking less than a week...
    Yes, that does sound rather odd. Myself I did the online app and then went to get the Electronic Fingerprinting/Security check done which was super easy. Went downtown to pay the second part of the fee and after that it took less than a week for the license to show up. So overall I think it took 10 days from start to finish. Can't believe some people are waiting for weeks or even months for their license. They must be doing something which delays their processing.

USAFVet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Indy
    I did the online app, electronic fingerprints, and paid the same day as fingerprints. It still took almost a year. Last firearm I bought got delayed a few days and the guy said its possible that since I had recently got out of the military that could have delayed it, not sure if that is legit or not. Other than that I have no clue why it took so long but at least its over.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I did the online app, electronic fingerprints, and paid the same day as fingerprints. It still took almost a year. Last firearm I bought got delayed a few days and the guy said its possible that since I had recently got out of the military that could have delayed it, not sure if that is legit or not. Other than that I have no clue why it took so long but at least its over.

The most common reasons apps get delayed are (in no particular order):

Arrest record - ANY arrest, ANY time, ANY where (This is No. 1)
    Failure of locals to transmit the app in a timely manner (This happens all too frequently from what I've heard)
    Incomplete app or wrong information
    App gets lost in processing (rare, but I suppose it has happened)
    Failure of arresting agency to respond to inquiry of case disposition by ISP

Your service has nothing to do with your app being delayed. And BTW, thank you for that. I have two in the USAF. One CMSgt and one MSgt.

RedTJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Lafayette area
    Hopefully this goes well but to put my times out there for everyone as well....
    I had my license 3 days after the local PD did their thing (about 1 week from start of app to the paper in my hand). This was back in Sept, 13.
    Last night - The Mrs filled out her online application. She is scheduled to go for electronic fingerprinting this Friday... let's see how long her wait is.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Hopefully this goes well but to put my times out there for everyone as well....
    I had my license 3 days after the local PD did their thing (about 1 week from start of app to the paper in my hand). This was back in Sept, 13.
    Last night - The Mrs filled out her online application. She is scheduled to go for electronic fingerprinting this Friday... let's see how long her wait is.

:welcome: to :ingo:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I applied on 2/18 with the online application, went today and did my electronic prints and paid the local police. I had a misdemeanor conviction when I was 18, but it was expunged, we will see how long this takes…

Dmoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Otisco
    I just finished the process for my lifetime LTCH today and they said 1-2 weeks. I'll let you know how long it actually takes. The L1 process was nice.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm taking my parents to start the lifetime LTCH process tomorrow (and renewing my 4-year to a lifetime while we're there). Dad is 80, Mom is 75. It's an anniversary present, 53 is LTCH. They own several shotguns and rifles, only 1 handgun and it has a 6 inch barrel. There may be a Taurus 66 .357 with ribbed barrel WTS/WTT soon. Good choice on the farm, may need something a little more concealable in town.

mondoreli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    indy
    My wife and I recently, 1st week of Jan. went thru the L1 process. Hers was three weeks to the day, mine was nearly 6weeks. Musta been those couple misdemeanors back when I was young and impetuous. O well, its all good now... BTW applications have jumped from 4500 a month to 23,000 a month!! Maybe people are finally waking up. Also last i checked there were about 550,000 Hoosiers with LTCH.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom