Not open for further replies.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Hey everyone,

Think this is the best place for this question. Me and my wife both went to do permits on 4/3/14 we did the digital prints and drove 2 miles to the sheriffs office all on the same day. She was getting hers for the first time and I was renewing mine with a lifetime permit. Mine expires next month. My wife got hers on 4/21/14 and I haven't received mine yet. I do realize that hers came very quick but just seems we would receive at the same time or at least with a day or two of each other. I honestly would think mine would be quicker being that I have one currently. I am concerned because mine is expiring soon. I don't have a concern of being denied but I fear it was lost or something. Is there anyway of checking on it without being annoying. The lady at the sheriffs office seemed annoyed by us evening getting the permits so I am sure she won't like me asking her to check into it.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Hey everyone,

Think this is the best place for this question. Me and my wife both went to do permits on 4/3/14 we did the digital prints and drove 2 miles to the sheriffs office all on the same day. She was getting hers for the first time and I was renewing mine with a lifetime permit. Mine expires next month. My wife got hers on 4/21/14 and I haven't received mine yet. I do realize that hers came very quick but just seems we would receive at the same time or at least with a day or two of each other. I honestly would think mine would be quicker being that I have one currently. I am concerned because mine is expiring soon. I don't have a concern of being denied but I fear it was lost or something. Is there anyway of checking on it without being annoying. The lady at the sheriffs office seemed annoyed by us evening getting the permits so I am sure she won't like me asking her to check into it.

No need for concern. As long as you applied before your current license expires, you should be GTG. If you start to get near the 60 day time limit for issuance, then I would email them.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    Hey everyone,Think this is the best place for this question. Me a. my wife both went to do permits on 4/3/14 we did the digital prints and drove 2 miles to the sheriffs office all on the same day. She was getting hers for the first time and I was renewing mine with a lifetime permit. Mine expires next month. My wife got hers on 4/21/14 and I haven't received mine yet. I do realize that hers came very quick but just seems we would receive at the same time or at least with a day or two of each other. I honestly would think mine would be quicker being that I have one currently. I am concerned because mine is expiring soon. I don't have a concern of being denied but I fear it was lost or something. Is there anyway of checking on it without being annoying. The lady at the sheriffs office seemed annoyed by us evening getting the permits so I am sure she won't like me asking her to check into it.
    I don't know where I've read it. Maybe the in.gov site that explains the application process. But I think as long as you have documentation that your renewing your license you have nothing to worry about. Obviously don't take my word for it. But you shouldn't be concerned. I bet you get it Sat. If not you'll definitely get it by months end. I'd put $ on it. Let us know

CopenGrizz01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Franklin
    still waiting for mine. applied march 3rd but did not do L1 prints. not sure why i havnt received it yet. i was gonna email them but i have lost my application # i put it in my phone and it quit working :( its getting close to 60 days hope i hear something.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    I did my application online, fingerprints electronically and visited local Sheriff's office on Jan. 31st. Still no lifetime permit or any communications what so ever. I saw on page 903 the email, but I don't have my Application# to put on the email. Any suggestions on where to find this #? The paperwork I had from the application and receipts was all shredded by an unnamed family member that thought I didn't need it anymore. Which I wouldn't have thought so either, but 75 days later I am still in the dark.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    I did my application online, fingerprints electronically and visited local Sheriff's office on Jan. 31st. Still no lifetime permit or any communications what so ever. I saw on page 903 the email, but I don't have my Application# to put on the email. Any suggestions on where to find this #? The paperwork I had from the application and receipts was all shredded by an unnamed family member that thought I didn't need it anymore. Which I wouldn't have thought so either, but 75 days later I am still in the dark.

I just called my local PD and asked. They didn't even want my application number. They only needed my name, and looked it up on the computer in about a minute. They told me the date the city approved it, and the date the state approved.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana

Call the ISP at 1-317-232-8264.

GTPquickRB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Indiana
    Hi there everyone. I'm sure there's a thread for intros, but I'll leave that for later.

i moved to IN from Illinois last August, and while in Il I had my FOID card for a little over five years.

i applied for a lifetime permit here in Indiana, my new, much better state of residence, in the second week of September. I paid electronically, finger printed through L1, and submitted my local payment a day later.

i sent an email to the ISP on March 14th asking my status. I received a phone call two weeks later on March 28th, I was told they had no record of my payment. I promptly sent them 4 separate documents via email to the person that had called, and was told it would be looked into that afternoon.

On April 13th I sent another email to the person in assigned to my application. After no reply I called on April 20th and spoke with him, letting me know there had been no movement on my application and that he could call me later that day. No phone call.

I have zero criminal history, and a clean slate.

I've been patient, at what point do I find a lawyer?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Hi there everyone. I'm sure there's a thread for intros, but I'll leave that for later.

i moved to IN from Illinois last August, and while in Il I had my FOID card for a little over five years.

i applied for a lifetime permit here in Indiana, my new, much better state of residence, in the second week of September. I paid electronically, finger printed through L1, and submitted my local payment a day later.

i sent an email to the ISP on March 14th asking my status. I received a phone call two weeks later on March 28th, I was told they had no record of my payment. I promptly sent them 4 separate documents via email to the person that had called, and was told it would be looked into that afternoon.

On April 13th I sent another email to the person in assigned to my application. After no reply I called on April 20th and spoke with him, letting me know there had been no movement on my application and that he could call me later that day. No phone call.

I have zero criminal history, and a clean slate.

I've been patient, at what point do I find a lawyer?

:welcome: to Indiana and :welcome: to :ingo:

I'm not sure that engaging a lawyer is your best option. If you can't get an answer via email or the phone number posted upthread, I would reach out to my state representative and ask them to investigate. Elected officials tend to be more responsive to their constituents than state employees.

If you truly applied in September of last year, you should have been issued a long time ago.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

cbills04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Applied 3/14/14 at local office, waited almost a month with no response. I called ISP and they said my license was issued on 3/21/14. I never received and have asked for another license to be mailed. ISP gave me my license number, am I allowed to carry without the physical license?

GTPquickRB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Indiana
    I got finger printed on the 11th of September and paid the locals on the 13th. I have proof of everything as I kept all paperwork together.

I might call my rep Friday and see what they're willing to do. I know the ISP are getting a large volume of applicants, however if everyone else is getting theirs within a few months, there's no reason for mine to take double that. Two weeks between contact to me is unacceptable in any fashion, and if volume is so great they should be able to afford more help on a temp basis.

I simply mentioned a lawyer because I'm used to Illinois and the fact that the Illinois State Police would see how long they could make you wait on your FOID card before you would complain, when written in Illinois Law it's no more than 60 days. This has been happening long before they complained of 'excessive back logs'

I'm used to 2nd Amendment Rights being curtailed, to me my wait is inordinately long.

Thanks for the welcome to Indiana by the way, I'm loving it, except my auto insurance rates almost doubled! Negates my tax savings a little bit.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Applied 3/14/14 at local office, waited almost a month with no response. I called ISP and they said my license was issued on 3/21/14. I never received and have asked for another license to be mailed. ISP gave me my license number, am I allowed to carry without the physical license?

Technically, yes. As I understand it, you are not required to have the piece of paper on you and it will show up if a LEO runs your DLN. But on the other hand, I sure would want to have that pink card on me if I got stopped.

I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't. But that's just me.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Technically, yes. As I understand it, you are not required to have the piece of paper on you and it will show up if a LEO runs your DLN. But on the other hand, I sure would want to have that pink card on me if I got stopped.

I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't. But that's just me.

I specifically asked EPD if I was required to physically carry the pink card, and they said I was required to have it physically with me. Whether that is accurate info or not, that's how the individual I spoke with interpreted the rules. I think it's better to wait until you've got the license, as many other LEO's may have the same opinion. I'd hate to see you have an issue with it before you even got it in your hand. Congrats on the approval!

mtbrgeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    For Twain
    a few pages ago some paper was linked ( wasau)the SELLER of that particular link didnt ship me that specific paper.. be careful.... what i got was a different brand and name. the paper was slightly more vivid than what indiana uses... Im using it anyway. If an officer wants to make issue of the shade of my copy of my license... ive got other issues that day.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    a few pages ago some paper was linked ( wasau)the SELLER of that particular link didnt ship me that specific paper.. be careful.... what i got was a different brand and name. the paper was slightly more vivid than what indiana uses... Im using it anyway. If an officer wants to make issue of the shade of my copy of my license... ive got other issues that day.
    I had the same issue when I copied mine, it's slightly darker, and we couldn't seem to adjust it enough to match, I figure it's close enough, if not I've got my original to take to court with me:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom