• Status
    Not open for further replies.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Well, we got it. My wife was fingerprinted on 7/6, we paid local on 7/10 (she had a conversation with him while she watched him send it on in fact), issued on 7/14, received today, 7/20.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    6/16 Completed my application.
    6/18 Electronic fingerprinting and local payment.
    6/22 Status had not changed, called local and they resent my information; application approved in an hour.
    6/27 Card in my mailbox.

Seems like you have to keep on local to make sure it goes through. I was told by the local records department that "sometimes it gets stuck."

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My wife applied for her license in March, when she gets on the ISP site it says "approved" but she has yet to receive it, she has written the ISP...what do we do?

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    How close are you to a ISP barracks? I'd stop off in person and make myself annoying until they get someone in power on the phone. No card since March is pathetic but not surprising.

It really could be as easy as some moron government drone dropping it in the trash when stuffing envelopes.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I went down to the WPD office today, and this time there was a different woman at the front desk. She said 4 week wait times (or more) are normal, and she usually tells people 4-5 weeks (the first lady told me to check back in 2 weeks if I had not heard anything). This new lady said she is the lady that processes them, so I am trusting her response more so than the first person I talked to. She also said that the Chief needs to sign off on them, and he had been out on vacation (due back "tomorrow"). She said I should expect to wait another 3-4 weeks.

Sheesh. I am disappointed, but I guess "it is what it is". Patience is not one of my strong suites! :crying:

Overall, she was very nice about it, but just that it would take longer. She did acknowledge that she had my application, which is a good thing! Sounds like this is going to take 7-8 weeks total.

James

The web site says approved as of today! Yay! :rockwoot:

Now I wait for the mail to show up, eh???

James

ron8924

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    SouthWest IN
    Done application 7-20, fingerprints and paid local law enforcement fee 7-21, approved 7-27, waiting for it to come in the mail any day now.

Edit: permit came in mail today 7/31 so 11 total days from app to mailbox.

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Done application 7-20, fingerprints and paid local law enforcement fee 7-21, approved 7-27, waiting for it to come in the mail any day now.

Got my pink (still ??????????) card Tuesday, so 17 days after I paid my final unConstitutional extortion fee.

Excellent, and congratulations! Not only is there an extortion fee, but there is also a mandatory loss of privacy by getting fingerprinted.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My wife and I applied for our 4 year permit on line on 07-24, fingerprints on the 25th, Terre Haute Police Department on the 27th and online shows approved on the 30th. Now we are just waiting on the card in the mail. To me it was a fast process.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    Still Waiting

I applied for mine May 1st, was approved lifetime May 22nd, and I still have not received it. I wonder what the holdup is? I am tempted to apply for a duplicate card and see what happens.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I applied for mine May 1st, was approved lifetime May 22nd, and I still have not received it. I wonder what the holdup is? I am tempted to apply for a duplicate card and see what happens.

Did you give them your correct address?? Something is wrong if you haven't got it yet! I would call ISP.

1.8liter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    7/6/2015: Applied and paid state fee online
    7/7/2015: Went to local PD to get fingerprinted (paper) and pay local fee
    7/8/2015: Dropped prints in mail to ISP
    8/6/2015: Found this thread, emailed ISP to inquire
    8/7/2015: Called local PD (couldn't really tell me anything), few minutes later got an email response from ISP saying they were running background check now and would be approved today if clean, few hours later it shows as approved on the website

Don't know if it was just a coincidence, or if emailing and calling prompted them to process me. Also, seems like paper prints do indeed take much longer than digital.

Does anyone know if I can start carrying now as long as I have my permit # on me? Or do I need to wait for physical card?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom