4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    No, you must have your card.

7/6/2015: Applied and paid state fee online
    7/7/2015: Went to local PD to get fingerprinted (paper) and pay local fee
    7/8/2015: Dropped prints in mail to ISP
    8/6/2015: Found this thread, emailed ISP to inquire
    8/7/2015: Called local PD (couldn't really tell me anything), few minutes later got an email response from ISP saying they were running background check now and would be approved today if clean, few hours later it shows as approved on the website

Don't know if it was just a coincidence, or if emailing and calling prompted them to process me. Also, seems like paper prints do indeed take much longer than digital.

Does anyone know if I can start carrying now as long as I have my permit # on me? Or do I need to wait for physical card?

SnapbackFanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    United States
    6/25 applied
    6/27 L1 FP
    6/29 IN CCB Local PD FP
    6/30 Pending Local Approval
    7/7 Pending ISP Approval
    7/22 APPROVED!!
    Called ISP a week ago to inquire why it hasn't came in the mail. Said it was printed 7/23 && that it takes 7-10 business days from print day. Still have not received in mailbox.. address correct, information correct, clean record minus 1 PI && 1 DOC.

Sacred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    South Bend
    7/22 Applied
    7/31 L1 Fingerprints (had to mail payment, otherwise this would have been done same day)
    8/1 Pending Local Approval
    8/3 Pending ISP Approval
    8/6 Approved :)
    8/12 License received in the mail :D

Total 21 days from application to permit in hand. Could have knocked 9 days off of that if I had payed online. Overall though not bad at all.

Last edited:

BugBlaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Plainfield
    Applied online - 9/4
    Paid state fee online - 9/4
    Fingerprinted at L-1 - 9/4

I didn't have time to get back to Plainfield and pay the local fee and it's obviously been a long weekend, so that will be done on 9/8. I will keep everyone updated. Does anyone have any idea if Plainfield tends to drag their feet like some other locales?

willb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2015
    boonville
    Applied online - 9/4
    Paid state fee online - 9/4
    Fingerprinted at L-1 - 9/4

I didn't have time to get back to Plainfield and pay the local fee and it's obviously been a long weekend, so that will be done on 9/8. I will keep everyone updated. Does anyone have any idea if Plainfield tends to drag their feet like some other locales?

I applied 7-24-2015 did the finger prints 7-30-2015 and still waiting. I sent a email to the isp and got one back and they said I should receiving a correspondence in 7-10 dayds

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My wife's lifetime LTCH:
    Applied online: 3 Sept
    Paid State fee online: 3 Sept
    Fingerprinted: 4 Sept
    Avon PD: 4 Sept
    ISP Approved: 16 Sept

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Applied and paid state fees online: 9/9/15
    Fingerprinted and paid local fees: 9/10/15
    Current status as of 9/23/15: "Pending ISP Approval"
    (This status was also there last week but I didn't notice what day it changed... I should have paid more attention.)

*Side note: When you hover over the little blue question mark beside "Pending ISP Approval" to see the description, there is a typo. It says "Additoinal time..." instead of "Additional time..." Not really a big deal, I just found it slightly annoying. :)

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Applied: 9/19/15
    Finger Prints: 9/21/15
    Local Fee Paid 9/21/15
    Pending Approval. Lady at the PD told me it would take 1-2 months which seems silly as things have sped up pretty quick but then again she might be right as it says my local approval is still pending which has me scratching my head for some reason. It just doesn't seem right.

EDIT - Still waiting on it to get approved locally. Seems as if they like to take their sweet time with this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Applied and paid state fees online: 9/9/15
    Fingerprinted and paid local fees: 9/10/15
    Current status as of 9/23/15: "Pending ISP Approval"
    (This status was also there last week but I didn't notice what day it changed... I should have paid more attention.)

*Side note: When you hover over the little blue question mark beside "Pending ISP Approval" to see the description, there is a typo. It says "Additoinal time..." instead of "Additional time..." Not really a big deal, I just found it slightly annoying. :)

As of this morning, 9/26/15, the status says "APPROVED." (Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom