Not open for further replies.

bongoboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Peru
    New application for lifetime permit - Peru, In / Miami County
    Completed state application on 10-2-2015 (paid $77.52)
    L1 electronic fingerprinting on 10-9-2015 (paid $11.95)
    Delivered to local PD later that day (paid $50)
    Local background check cleared the next day.
    Website has shown "Pending ISP approval" since 10-11-2015.

I have one misdemeanor from January, 2015 (.083 dui reduced to PI) - otherwise, completely clean (I'm 47 years old, and a successful business owner). I sent an email with a read receipt a week ago, inquiring about status (since I've heard nothing). I received the read receipt back the next day - but no one has replied. Waiting since 10-11-2015, and I can't imagine what the holdup is...? (I have another friend, MUCH younger - applied after I did and already received his.) Thoughts?

Danible1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    noblesville

I have one misdemeanor from January, 2015 (.083 dui reduced to PI) - otherwise, completely clean (I'm 47 years old, and a successful business owner). I sent an email with a read receipt a week ago, inquiring about status (since I've heard nothing). I received the read receipt back the next day - but no one has replied. Waiting since 10-11-2015, and I can't imagine what the holdup is...? (I have another friend, MUCH younger - applied after I did and already received his.) Thoughts?

Not as long as you - but have been waiting since last week of October. Called ISP last week, they stated they had not received my background check yet. Does the check from ISP or local pd?

wheelerp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Indianapolis
    pay ISP online application 12/4
    fingerprinted 12/8
    local Fee paid 12/9
    ISP Pending since 12/10

ISP Approved 1/15
    Received in mail 1/21

Last edited:

Hjarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Denver,in
    After years of putting it off here is the rundown. 12/11 state fee paid 12/14 fingerprints. 12/15 local fee paid . Was told who knows how long it's going to take lady at the sheriff office said they have done more ccw permits in the last week than they have all year

Still pending isp since 12/15 clean record

bongoboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Peru
    Not as long as you - but have been waiting since last week of October. Called ISP last week, they stated they had not received my background check yet. Does the check from ISP or local pd?

Curious... WHERE did you call? Just your local/nearest ISP post?... or is there a specific place to call? (and if so, what's the number? :) )

Danible1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    noblesville
    Contact Info

CONTACT FIREARMS LICENSING

Contact Firearms Licensing

If you have a question about the Indiana Firearms Licensing process, or about the laws of Indiana regarding a permit to carry a firearm, please check out the Firearms Licensing section of our website at ISP: Firearms Licensing for specific information about the handgun carry permit process and laws of Indiana. If you cannot find the answer on our site, or in the IN.gov FAQs, please feel free to contact us using one of the methods below.The best way to check the status of your application is online athttps://firearms.ariesportal.com/!If there are no mistakes on your application and you have no criminal history, your license should be issued within 60 days from the time your local authority submitted your application to ISP.Please do not submit an inquiry about a pending application unless your application has well exceeded the anticipated timeline.By e-Mail:

To submit a Firearms License inquiry, including questions not related to a pending application, via email, click here.
    By Postal Mail or In Person:

Firearms License Unit
    Information Technology section
    Criminal Justice Data Division
    Indiana State Police
    Indiana Government Center North
    100 N. Senate Avenue, Suite N302
    Indianapolis IN 46204
    By Telephone:

(317) 232-8264

bongoboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Peru

Sent another email quoting my email of a week prior... again, received a read receipt, but no reply. Today, I called... only to find myself in an endless loop of automated messages - could NOT get to a real person. I subsequently went to my local PD and asked. They told me that they are currently telling everyone 60-90 days. Tomorrow IS the 90 day mark for me (of 'pending ISP approval'). They checked their submission to ISP, and all had been sent. They also tried to call ISP on their private number... no answer for them, either. They dug deeper... and found that ISP had ordered a THIRD background check just a couple of days ago. The lady at local PD told me that if there was anything at all on my record (and again, I have that misdemeanor PI), they had been really cranking up the background checks. She said that it should be back first of the week... and she promised to check it then, and call me with what she finds. So, still waiting...

Eville3tc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2015
    Evansville
    I got an email when I paid the first fees and then another when I submitted it the the local. But nothing after that. I wouldn't of known it was approved unless I looked.

bongoboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Peru
    Sent another email quoting my email of a week prior... again, received a read receipt, but no reply. Today, I called... only to find myself in an endless loop of automated messages - could NOT get to a real person. I subsequently went to my local PD and asked. They told me that they are currently telling everyone 60-90 days. Tomorrow IS the 90 day mark for me (of 'pending ISP approval'). They checked their submission to ISP, and all had been sent. They also tried to call ISP on their private number... no answer for them, either. They dug deeper... and found that ISP had ordered a THIRD background check just a couple of days ago. The lady at local PD told me that if there was anything at all on my record (and again, I have that misdemeanor PI), they had been really cranking up the background checks. She said that it should be back first of the week... and she promised to check it then, and call me with what she finds. So, still waiting...

...and it came in 'approved' today! Today is day 90 since 'pending ISP approval'. I checked the website a couple of times today, and it was still pending... but switched to approved sometime late this afternoon. Happy guy right here. :)

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    I started the process 12/21/15

Now watching that "pending ISP approval"...

I am 50 have no record. Held a carry permit back in mid 90's.

This time doing the lifetime, hopefully never miss with it again.

Eville3tc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2015
    Evansville
    How long does it usually take to get your card in the mail once it's been approved?

Also, even though I don't have my card....if I was to go to the range to shoot do I still need to keep the gun(s) unloaded and locked in the trunk?
    If for some reason I get pulled over, they will probably have my License number before they even get out of the car correct?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom