Not open for further replies.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The last time I had a 4yr permit it took me about 3wks to get. They've had everything done at local since Jan 4. I don't know why mine is taking so long time time but it's getting frustrating

The last 4 year license that I applied for took more than 12 weeks to receive, and that was a renewal!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So, a question on the LTCH process. My wife and I filled out her application and paid online, then scheduled her fingerprinting which she did yesterday. Then there's a step that said go to local law enforcement and notify them and pay local portion, but there isn't anything indicating where to go. I'm assuming she has to either go to the state police headquarters downtown, or to the City County building since we live in Marion County? I honestly don't recall this from when I got my LTCH a couple years ago...:dunno:

EDIT: so the FAQ says inside city limits it would be the police department of the city, which is Indianapolis. I'm assuming that means city county building is where she goes?

Last edited:

Ultrabozz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Lawrenceburg
    Go to your local PD or Sheriffs Dept. They have to send your applications ok to the State Police,nothing will happen to your application unless you pay your local fee's and pass a local background check done by your local dept.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Go to your local PD or Sheriffs Dept. They have to send your applications ok to the State Police,nothing will happen to your application unless you pay your local fee's and pass a local background check done by your local dept.

Yep, got that, just not sure who it would be. We live within the Indianapolis city limits so I'm assuming IMPD, which means the City County building downtown. I'm guessing.

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    My Wife's Timeline for Reference

Online App And State Fee Paid 2/10/16
    Fingerprinted 2/17/16
    Local Fee Paid 2/17/16

Now the wait begins I'll update as we go.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

its up to the local dept.

Mine fingerprints, takes the money, gives out the forms for YOU to mail yourself.

Scott351

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    Indianapolis
    wtburnette:

It sounds like you will go to room e100 at the city-county building. Room
    farthest east on the first floor... You will need to have the proper $$
    money order (I used USPS money order). While you're there, you will
    fill out a short form and be digitally fingerprinted (again)...

Scott

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Yep, got that, just not sure who it would be. We live within the Indianapolis city limits so I'm assuming IMPD, which means the City County building downtown. I'm guessing.

City county building. Fist floor like the guy before me said. It took 15+ phonecalls to figure out where to go. This one directed me to that one and that one directed me to them. Called them and it was a disconnected line. Man it was frustrating. Anyway. They accept cash/debit also, you do NOT have to have money order like it says online. I think they charge you an extra $2 for using the credit card/debit

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    My Wife's Timeline for Reference

Online App And State Fee Paid 2/10/16
    Fingerprinted 2/17/16
    Local Fee Paid 2/17/16

Now the wait begins I'll update as we go.

Mine took right at 3 weeks to be "approved" on the website. (That was Monday) and I have not gotten the card yet.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    It took a couple of weeks to receive the cards for my wife and I after it showed as approved on the website. Took about 6-8 weeks total from start to finish. We submitted everything right before Thanksgiving.

rossw1416

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Hey, everybody. Love the forum. Thanks for having me.

The past two days checking my approval status online has nearly slipped my mind. I've interpreted this as having grown accustomed to nothing happening. So, I decided to start Googling around to see what I could find about it taking so long. And, viola. Here I am.

Timeline:
    12/28/15 - Applied for LTPP & paid State fee
    12/31/15 - Electronic prints taken at ISPHQ
    1/6/16 - Local fee paid at City Co. Building

It's been 52 days since my initial application. And, 42 days since the local fee cleared with my bank. Here is the part that has concerned me though. The application status updated when I paid the local fee from "Go to Local" or whatever it said first to the "Pending ISP Approval." But, under Completed Payments it only shows my state fee paid. Is that normal? Ever since I paid the local fee I expected that would show up. And, eventually I just had to assume it wasn't going to.

To provide you a tiny bit of background, I expected my process might take awhile. I do not have a criminal record. I have, however, appeared in court for an arrest that occurred almost 6 years ago when I was 21. But, the CC building even provided me official documentation two years ago stating that records regarding the incident no longer existed because there was no conviction. I applied for a different type of license with the state and was advised to include all misdemeanor information regardless if it were expunged. This application required stamped originals. But, when I went to the CC building they literally told me my copies from when it all took place were the only records.

Because I'm sure my name is in some database downtown (like the processing center's "visitor" log) I'm hesitant to contact ISP and seem eager, or whatever. Then they'll think, "Well, I can see he's been arrested before. But, I can't see why. Now, he's getting impatient with us?" My luck this would result in next having to wait through the appeals process.

Anybody else pay their State fee around the time I did still waiting? Possibly someone with a squeaky clean record? Anyone with a similar situation as mine that cares to share their experience? Anyone ever actually been initially denied even though they satisfy all legal requirements to carry?

Thanks, again.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Send them an email. I paid my local fee on 1/4, I also have prior arrests but no convictions which will hold up the process. I received my license 2 weeks ago. I was approved immediately after sending them an email requesting a status update.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    wtburnette:

It sounds like you will go to room e100 at the city-county building. Room
    farthest east on the first floor... You will need to have the proper $$
    money order (I used USPS money order). While you're there, you will
    fill out a short form and be digitally fingerprinted (again)...

Scott

City county building. Fist floor like the guy before me said. It took 15+ phonecalls to figure out where to go. This one directed me to that one and that one directed me to them. Called them and it was a disconnected line. Man it was frustrating. Anyway. They accept cash/debit also, you do NOT have to have money order like it says online. I think they charge you an extra $2 for using the credit card/debit

Thank you both. Do either of you remember what the local fee was? I know I saw it somewhere in the process, but have been unable to locate it since.

Ultrabozz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Lawrenceburg
    Hey, everybody. Love the forum. Thanks for having me.

The past two days checking my approval status online has nearly slipped my mind. I've interpreted this as having grown accustomed to nothing happening. So, I decided to start Googling around to see what I could find about it taking so long. And, viola. Here I am.

Timeline:
    12/28/15 - Applied for LTPP & paid State fee
    12/31/15 - Electronic prints taken at ISPHQ
    1/6/16 - Local fee paid at City Co. Building

It's been 52 days since my initial application. And, 42 days since the local fee cleared with my bank. Here is the part that has concerned me though. The application status updated when I paid the local fee from "Go to Local" or whatever it said first to the "Pending ISP Approval." But, under Completed Payments it only shows my state fee paid. Is that normal? Ever since I paid the local fee I expected that would show up. And, eventually I just had to assume it wasn't going to.

To provide you a tiny bit of background, I expected my process might take awhile. I do not have a criminal record. I have, however, appeared in court for an arrest that occurred almost 6 years ago when I was 21. But, the CC building even provided me official documentation two years ago stating that records regarding the incident no longer existed because there was no conviction. I applied for a different type of license with the state and was advised to include all misdemeanor information regardless if it were expunged. This application required stamped originals. But, when I went to the CC building they literally told me my copies from when it all took place were the only records.

Because I'm sure my name is in some database downtown (like the processing center's "visitor" log) I'm hesitant to contact ISP and seem eager, or whatever. Then they'll think, "Well, I can see he's been arrested before. But, I can't see why. Now, he's getting impatient with us?" My luck this would result in next having to wait through the appeals process.

Anybody else pay their State fee around the time I did still waiting? Possibly someone with a squeaky clean record? Anyone with a similar situation as mine that cares to share their experience? Anyone ever actually been initially denied even though they satisfy all legal requirements to carry?

Thanks, again.

Nothing happens till you pay your local fees then your local dept will send it on to the "ISP". All depends on when they actually send it. Your original application date to the "ISP" really means very little in the entire process and also keep in mind they tell you right from the beginning expect 4 to 6 weeks for approval!

eurobeaner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    It took a couple of weeks to receive the cards for my wife and I after it showed as approved on the website. Took about 6-8 weeks total from start to finish. We submitted everything right before Thanksgiving.

Ended up getting mine yesterday in the mail. Showed approved Monday, received Friday. Quick! Total wait time was right at 3.5 weeks

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    Mine was finally approved Feb 18 after sending them an email questioning the timeline. I paid state fees on Dec 19 and then efinger prints and local fees on Dec 23

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom