gunnerdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    cedar lake
    Indiana felony expungement
    I had a class d felony distribution 20 years ago
    11/30/2013 had it expunged, applied for ltch and was denied even though I checked my background and found nothing
    apparently the atf wasn't recognizing expungements at the time
    firearms legislation is ever changing on a daily basis. my lawyer had my case reopened and did a "ams" alternative misdemeanor sentence which basically changed my class d felony to a class a misdemeanor.
    by this time the atf and Indiana state were on the same page and my court motion reply was to reapply for my ltch based on the new wording in the legislation and I should be approved..
    long story is 2 years 9 months and $4,000 later I was approved today and should have in the mail within a few days..anyone need info or my lawyer info feel free to pm me..

gunnerdog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    cedar lake
    Ok so even though I just got my ltch on the 20th today i was denied firearms purchase at gander mountainSo my lawyer says next step is to file nics denial appeal which I just did and should know something within 5 days

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I applied 7/23, completed fingerprinting and visit to local law enforcement on 7/25. On 7/27 my status changed from pending local approval to pending isp approval. Now here's my question: the only thing I have on my record is a DUI in 2009 (I was young and irresponsible). Does anyone know approximately how long my wait will be? Or is there anyone with a similar situation that can tell me how long they waited? I just got a holster and I'm dying to use it, and want to feel safe whether I'm at home, or out and about. I probably check my status at least five times per day!

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I applied 7/23, completed fingerprinting and visit to local law enforcement on 7/25. On 7/27 my status changed from pending local approval to pending isp approval. Now here's my question: the only thing I have on my record is a DUI in 2009 (I was young and irresponsible). Does anyone know approximately how long my wait will be? Or is there anyone with a similar situation that can tell me how long they waited? I just got a holster and I'm dying to use it, and want to feel safe whether I'm at home, or out and about. I probably check my status at least five times per day!

I had an OWI in 2005. I just finished my fingerprints and paid local SO today. I'll let you know when/if I get mine. From what I've been told by some LEOs that I know,it shouldn't affect it, but you never can tell. Did you go through a diversion/deferral program?

keyframed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2016
    indianapolis
    Finally!

Applied 1/18/16
    Denied in April due to a mistake I made on the application. Misdemeanor that I thought was dismissed from my record.
    Wrote a request for appeal letter, got an appeal first of August.
    Approved the day of appeal, it was very easy, at least in my circumstance.
    Issued 8/6
    Received fancy plastic LTCH today.

I've been reading the forums since I bought my first handgun in January, and I'm glad I started then. I probably wouldn't have even considered appealing the denial had I not read other INGO users' experiences with the process. Thanks!

tractionroller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Indy
    applied lifetime 6/16/16 paid state
    6/18/16 L-1
    6/20/16 paid local
    6/24/16 pending isp
    Marion county accepts all forms of payment.
    status changed to approved today 8/25/16. I did have a history expunged.Waited the 60 days then emailed ISP 8/23/16 was told it was in legal and would be 3 to 4 weeks.Today i check and its approved.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    status changed to approved today 8/25/16. I did have a history expunged.Waited the 60 days then emailed ISP 8/23/16 was told it was in legal and would be 3 to 4 weeks.Today i check and its approved.

If you don't mind me asking, was it something pretty minor expunged? Reason I'm asking is bc ten years ago I had a dui. I have been pending isp approval since 7/25/16

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Started the process today to get my expiring 4yr upgraded to the lifetime. I should have got the lifetime originally, but oh well. I find it stupid that you have to have your fingerprints taken again. Wont be able to report to local agency until Friday due to work. Hoping to have the lifetime by the end of next week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom