ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Renew my 4 year to Lifetime.

I did the digital fingerprint on 8th,
    went to the local PD on 10th,
    check status on ISP website, said approved today, 23rd.

TheWiz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I am wondering if previously living out of state is delaying my approval.

App and state fee 11/5
    Digital Fingerprinting 11/9
    Local fee and submission 11/12

It has said "Pending ISP approval" since 11/12

I know that it can take up to 60 days but I notice a lot of people on this site seem to get faster approvals. Also btw I do not have a criminal record of any type.

schusterjo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Mine is taking awile as well
    10/28 paid online fee
    11/7 fingerprints paid fee
    11/9 local check paid fee

Pending ISP approval..

I know it really hasn't even been 4 weeks yet but seems how people have received theirs in less time around the same time period is kinda confusing.

TheWiz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    10/28 paid online fee

Pending ISP approval..

I know it really hasn't even been 4 weeks yet but seems how people have received theirs in less time around the same time period is kinda confusing.

What county are you in? If you don't mind me asking?

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Who has applied for the hard plastic LTCH. I know it is in this thread, but I am pressed for time , and cannot browse right now. How much, how long of a wait, and what do you need for the online app.

schusterjo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Who has applied for the hard plastic LTCH. I know it is in this thread, but I am pressed for time , and cannot browse right now. How much, how long of a wait, and what do you need for the online app.

About $120 total (for lifetime) slightly cheaper for 4 yr.
    Online fee
    Fingerprint fee
    Local police fee

You can not rush it and you will be told it usually takes 4 to 6 weeks.. Some received it in a week..

Start here..

https://firearms.ariesportal.com

Chino689

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I also lived out of state and it's not going as fast as I had imagined.

App and state fee 10/20
    Fingerprints 10/25
    Local Fee 11/4

Still "Pending ISP Approval"

(No criminal history EVER)

Chino689

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I am wondering if previously living out of state is delaying my approval.

App and state fee 11/5
    Digital Fingerprinting 11/9
    Local fee and submission 11/12

It has said "Pending ISP approval" since 11/12

I know that it can take up to 60 days but I notice a lot of people on this site seem to get faster approvals. Also btw I do not have a criminal record of any type.

I'm also from out of state. I just got approved today. Took about a month for the approval once local sent the app for ISP approval.

imprint89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    Schererville
    Hello everyone. I just have a question about local approval times. My girlfriend and I have no criminal history, no arrests, no court restraining orders. Everything about us would check out perfectly if they ran our background checks. We bought new pistols from a FFL dealer, so the NICS was approved. I know each department has their own process times, but I think it is going to slow.

State fee and app: 11/14
    Electronic fingerprinting: 11/15
    Local fee: 11/15 Pending Local Approval

From the wait times I've read on here, it looks like this should have been submitted to ISP a week or so at best. We live in Schererville in Lake County. Should I call my local PD and ask them what's the hold up, or am I expecting to much to soon. Any input would be great.

schusterjo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2016
    Indianapolis
    10/28 paid online fee

Pending ISP approval..

Approved today
    Took almost 4 weeks from the date I made final payment to local..

Very happy with my wait time.. was told 4 to 6 weeks and it was approved under 4 weeks..

schusterjo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2016
    Indianapolis
    From what I have read and from my personal experience local should have approved your app already.. I read on one of these post a guys local admitted that they had failed to submit it and apologized to him when he had inquired about it..

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My youngest finally decided he wanted to get his LTCH. Did the final visit and payment thing at the Lawrence County sheriff's office on the 28th and got his pink card yesterday (12/5). I was impressed.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My youngest finally decided he wanted to get his LTCH. Did the final visit and payment thing at the Lawrence County sheriff's office on the 28th and got his pink card yesterday (12/5). I was impressed.
    I've noticed that all 3 of my four kids who have applied for their larry (youngest will be applying in march when he turns 18)have got it back within 10 days, yet I know older adults who have waited forever. I guess the youngsters have less background to check.:):

Spartan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Floyd Co
    My youngest daughter 18 just applied last Wednesday 11/29 and she received her lifetime carry yesterday 12/6, not even a full week. My oldest daughters was probably very similar 6 or 7 days. I already had a lifetime and just paid for the new laminated card and it took a month or better.

imprint89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    Schererville
    I called the Schererville PD today and asked what's going on with my permit application. I said according to the ISP portal, it's still pending local approval. The dispatcher or whoever answered the phone looked in to it and said "I don't know. I'm going to transfer you to the supervisor." So then I explained everything to the supervisor again, and she told me it takes 4-8 weeks. Then she said it looks like its on the Chief's desk awaiting final approval. She asked me what my cell number was and said she would call me back when she finds something out. She never called back. It's still pending local approval on the ISP portal after all that today.

Over 3 weeks in the local PD just sitting on it. Then I see others getting them back from a week to a month. I live in a high crime county in Indiana. I want my carry permit so I can defend myself legally. It's all of our rights to bare arms, and cops can't be everywhere. This is important to me, and they are just sitting on it. Upset isn't even the word I want to use. I hope they get on it soon. Robbery rates are going to be up because of Christmas. I just want to protect myself and family legally from people that carry guns illegally. I just can't get over this. This whole time, I was thinking ISP was backed up, and I could understand that. But it's my local PD making me wait, when it sounds like ISP has their process down good and pumping them out fast.

imprint89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    Schererville
    Update: Schererville PD left me a voicemail this morning to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my application. Nothing is preventing me from getting my permit. She said it's on the chief's desk and in a few days after he gives the final approval, it will get submitted to ISP.

I feel a little better, but I knew my background was just fine and it would check out. I'll be happy when it gets to ISP. I'll update when that happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom