• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    well, i applied for my lifetime on Dec 14th and still haven't got it. I realize that there have been several federal holidays in there, Christmas, New Years, Presidtens Day, etc, where I've lost a whole week, but I still thought it would have been here by now! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one from early-mid December that's still waiting. I'm beginnign to get worried that mine is lost in the system, but apparently, it's just a backlog. I think it's BS that you can pay extra to gdet shoved into the front of th eline, but if I'd have known it'd take this long, I'd have done it! I was an idiot and didn't realize my old permit has expired last August. Bad thing is I didn't realize it until about mid November! Good thing I never got pulled over betgween August and November!!

Hope mine comes in soon. I've still got the SUB2000 in the truck, but I feel naked without a handgun!!

Doug K

Sig357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indy
    It took me right at 7 1/2 weeks to get my lifetime, I was a new applicant also due to the fact that I just moved back to Indiana last summer.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    well, i applied for my lifetime on Dec 14th and still haven't got it. I realize that there have been several federal holidays in there, Christmas, New Years, Presidtens Day, etc, where I've lost a whole week, but I still thought it would have been here by now!...Doug K

After this long, I would call them. 317 233-5054, IIRC. By statute, they have 60 days (from when they cash your check) to act on new licenses. They've always been very responsive and helpful when I've called.

Blessings,
    Bill

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    After this long, I would call them. 317 233-5054, IIRC. By statute, they have 60 days (from when they cash your check) to act on new licenses. They've always been very responsive and helpful when I've called.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks, I was wondering what the phone number was to call. I looked pretty hard the other day and now I cannot find my reciept or my stubs from my money orders. I'll keep uo the search, but after this long I'm sure they're in the trash. Hopefully they can get me ananswer just off of my info I provide.

Doug K

JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    I applied for mine the 29th. was thinking of calling and asking if i could do the l1 fingerprint to help speed it up. hah wishfull thinking, shouldent be to much longer now

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    FAQ? What is this FAQ that you speak of.......

Just got off the phone with a very nice lady and she said I was approved on the 25th and my permit should have gone out Friday or today. So, I should be legal in a couple of days! man, it'll feel good to have the permit back!

Doug K

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    I applied on Jan 21 and just got off the phone with State Police Info and was told to expect around 8 weeks from time of check/moneyorder being cashed. Guess I will continue to circle the mailbox daily.LOL:dunno:

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    Applied 12/21. Did online payment and fingerprints on 12/22. Received letter on 1/28 that I had failed to submit documentation from treating mental health professional (local police department filed document but did not forward it). Retrieved document from local police and forwarded it on 2/1. LTCH issued on 3/1 and received in mail today on 3/3.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I can't find my thread...?

My license expired yesterday - it's been at least three months since I sent the stuff in. I'm now carrying on my license and receipts.

How long before a call is in order?

Josh

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Still trying to figure out why the State Police say 8 weeks from the time the money order is cashed. That's not what the law says. I'd thought they'd be catching up, but doesn't appear so. Seems to me they need to hire another person or two.

JMH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    applied for mine on 1/20 and have not seen or heard a thing, hoping it wont be much longer.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Looks like mine was a little later than I thought - 1/14/2010.

The M.O. was cashed Jan 20th.

If there were any problems, I suppose the M.O. would not have been cashed. I had a friend receive the uncashed M.O. back when they denied him for a permit due to an error on his application.

Is this still how they do it?

Josh

indygator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Indy
    Still trying to figure out why the State Police say 8 weeks from the time the money order is cashed. That's not what the law says. I'd thought they'd be catching up, but doesn't appear so. Seems to me they need to hire another person or two.
    That's good, today is exactly 7 weeks from the day my money order was cashed. Which they had my money order 2 weeks before evening cashing it.

BillyJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Did the L-1 Solutions fingerprinting and the online app for Tippecanoe County last Monday (2/22), paid the Local Sheriff on same day for the background check. Got my LTCH today (3/4). Not bad, def. worth the extra 10.95. Tippecanoe county Sheriff staff were helpful and enjoyable to work with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom