Not open for further replies.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I can't find my thread...?

My license expired yesterday - it's been at least three months since I sent the stuff in. I'm now carrying on my license and receipts.

How long before a call is in order?

Josh

If you sent the stuff in 3 months ago, I would call them asap to find out what's going on.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

Thanks, I did - they said a couple more weeks. They're currently running 8 to 12 weeks after the MO is cashed.

Josh

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    Looks like mine was a little later than I thought - 1/14/2010.

The M.O. was cashed Jan 20th.

If there were any problems, I suppose the M.O. would not have been cashed. I had a friend receive the uncashed M.O. back when they denied him for a permit due to an error on his application.

Is this still how they do it?

Josh

I've had my lifetime LTCH for almost a year now, they told me when I applied for mine through Madison Co. that if there was any kind of problem with my application that they would send the M.O. back to me. I would definitely call the State Police (that's who Madison Co. Sheriff's Dept. told me to call when it became a few weeks after the timeline they gave me). They should be able to help you figure out any problems you're having.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! It came! :D

sblarsen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    I mailed in the application for my lifetime permit on Jan 12. Got it in the mail on March 3. 7 Weeks and 1 day.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Marion county... @ 9 weeks. I filed at the country building, downtown Indianapolis, on Dec 31, 2009 and it arrived March 4, 2010.

On a side note, I was surprised at how simple it looks - just printed on standard weight paper (pinkish color), no state seal, nothing overly "official" looking about it.

Customgod227

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like there is hope for others! I applied for mine Jan 15th and it came Saturday the 6th. I believe that is right around 7 weeks. The best part is, we had a gun show in Fort Wayne that day, so the state timed it perfect, i could carry to the gun show!!!! I think its funny that before this post i wanted to pay the extra 10 bucks for L1, but now that i have it, thats an extra 10 dollars towards ammo! Worth the wait somewhat, lol only when you get it though.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    I applied L1 on Feb 25th, fingerprints on Feb 27th, Paid Local on March 3rd, and got permit in the mail on March 5th!!! Two days from the time I paid local to the time recieved! L1 is the way to go, can get it within a week! Well worth the extra $10.95!

glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    I applied L1 on Feb 25th, fingerprints on Feb 27th, Paid Local on March 3rd, and got permit in the mail on March 5th!!! Two days from the time I paid local to the time recieved! L1 is the way to go, can get it within a week! Well worth the extra $10.95!
    whats L1?????

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Ummm, so I applied on like Feb 4th, ish. Just called the nice lady, and I'm "not yet in the system" and she said it takes 8 weeks once i get into said system :O So is this whole process looking like it is going to take 14 weeks at least?! :xmad: x 7

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ummm, so I applied on like Feb 4th, ish. Just called the nice lady, and I'm "not yet in the system" and she said it takes 8 weeks once i get into said system :O So is this whole process looking like it is going to take 14 weeks at least?! :xmad: x 7

Sounds like your local PD is taking their sweet time sending in your paperwork...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom