• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    A sign behind the counter clearly states that the Address on my "Permit and "Drivers License must match" I've inquired with a fellow at MC Sports and he said I'd have to get a duplicate before they'd sell to me.
    Not the address on your permit, the address on your application for your backround phone call. That absolutely has to match your license. You don't need to show anyone your permit to pick up a piece.

nikoteo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Evansville, IN
    Got my LTCH today in the mail just as I came home from purchasing my first ever handgun (S&W 638) . . . it was perfect timing! I submitted the paperwork on January 25, so it took about 8.5 weeks.

zekedageek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Bloomington
    I received my original LTCH in about 5 weeks after fingerprinting. It's be 7.5 weeks and I have not yet received my duplicate request due to change of address.

Called IPD Licenses Division yesterday (thursday) to check. Took a couple of tries but I finally reached 'Debbie' who apparently is the actual form processor. She was able to locate my duplicate request and process it while I was on the phone. She said that it would print Thursday night and be mailed Friday and that I should expect it in the mail on Saturday.. She was quite pleasant to speak with as well.

Last edited:

rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Applied online at Allen county sheriff (Fort Wayne) website yesterday. Have to wait a week before I can go downtown and get fingerprinted. Then the wait begins.

Well I misunderstood the whole "apply online and wait a week" deal. I thought they would actually start the background check process if I applied online. NOoooo. All that did was save a couple minutes when I went in by filling out the form a head of time.

So when I went in they just had me look over the app to make sure it was correct, sign it, check my id and take my money order. Now I get to wait another week before I can go down and get fingerprinted. :dunno:

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    Well I misunderstood the whole "apply online and wait a week" deal. I thought they would actually start the background check process if I applied online. NOoooo. All that did was save a couple minutes when I went in by filling out the form a head of time.

So when I went in they just had me look over the app to make sure it was correct, sign it, check my id and take my money order. Now I get to wait another week before I can go down and get fingerprinted. :dunno:

I applied online and went down to IMPD the next day, they had me do the same stuff, but they went ahead and did the finger printing then too.

Z71Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    My 4yr permit expires in mid april 2010. Applied for my lifetime permit 6 weeks ago as of yesterday. I check the mail everyday when I get home from work and nothin yet. When I applied I was told it would be about 9 weeks.

2 weeks, six days and counting (if they're right) :dunno:

rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    I applied online and went down to IMPD the next day, they had me do the same stuff, but they went ahead and did the finger printing then too.
    I am in Allen county and applied online. Somewhere on their site it said something about waiting a week. So dummy that I am I did. I was thinking they would do the fingerprinting and "get-r-done". I was one of the two people there. Not very busy. It took less than 5 minutes. Of course I had plugged 2 hours worth of change in the meter. All they did was print off my app, show it to me to verify my info, have me sign it and take my money. "Come back in a week" Good thing I have to be downtown next week anyhow. Hopefully I won't have to waste much time next week when they fingerprint me.

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    I am in Allen county and applied online. Somewhere on their site it said something about waiting a week. So dummy that I am I did. I was thinking they would do the fingerprinting and "get-r-done". I was one of the two people there. Not very busy. It took less than 5 minutes. Of course I had plugged 2 hours worth of change in the meter. All they did was print off my app, show it to me to verify my info, have me sign it and take my money. "Come back in a week" Good thing I have to be downtown next week anyhow. Hopefully I won't have to waste much time next week when they fingerprint me.

Doesn't make sense to me why they couldn't have finger printed you right then and there if there was only two of you. Doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do the finger printing.

Junior26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    I applied for mine on Febuary 8th, and I am still waiting. I hope it comes soon. I am only like 7 weeks out but it feels like it has been a year.

zekedageek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Bloomington
    Called IPD Licenses Division yesterday (thursday) to check. Took a couple of tries but I finally reached 'Debbie' who apparently is the actual form processor. She was able to locate my duplicate request and process it while I was on the phone. She said that it would print Thursday night and be mailed Friday and that I should expect it in the mail on Saturday.. She was quite pleasant to speak with as well.

Arrived Saturday as promised. The mail even ran early that day!

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Been a while since I visited this thread!
    Applied for change of address and Dup. Mailed on March 23. Will update when it shows.
    For some of you who wonder why your wait is longer than other, the best awnser I have come up with is that you local PD will keep them anywhere from a week up 5 or 6 weeks I have seen.
    Mishawaka makes you mail your own, but still keeps it for 2 weeks "processing". The 8 week wait is after ISP cashes you money order, so say is takes local 2 weeks + ISP 8 weeks + mail and mail pile time......
    update- arrived in the box today April 19- 28 days from my mailbox, back to my mailbox

Last edited:

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Got mine today.

Jan 5th I dropped it off to the Lafayette PD
    Jan 29th I got a letter saying they did a background check and they were sending it to the State Police
    Showed up today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom