• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JoeMumz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    mine came today 4/2/10, applied 1/29/10 so 8 weeks and a few days. now i have another 8 week, wait utah just processed my payment yesterday

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    For some of you who wonder why your wait is longer than other, the best awnser I have come up with is that you local PD will keep them anywhere from a week up 5 or 6 weeks I have seen.
    Mishawaka makes you mail your own, but still keeps it for 2 weeks "processing". The 8 week wait is after ISP cashes you money order, so say is takes local 2 weeks + ISP 8 weeks + mail and mail pile time......

Wow, I guess I was lucky. The Auburn PD turned mine around in 2 days. I mailed my own to the ISP. 4 weeks later it arrived. That was a while ago though.

My son just applied for his a couple of weeks ago & the Auburn PD experience was the same. Hopefully hi ISP experience will be too.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    It'll be four weeks tomorrow.

charlie%2520brown%2520mailbox.gif

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Plan on waiting protest, I sent mine off february 3rd and I called today and im not even in the system yet. Its been over 8 weeks since I sent it out and over 6 weeks since the money order was cashed. The lady told me it will be at least if not more than 8 weeks from when they cashed my check. by law isnt it 60 days max? Maybe im being impatient, but I think its a little bit rediculous!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Mine expires in 10 days. I was told to keep my receipt with the old license and Im good to go. Problem is I cant find any of that stuff.:n00b:
    :dunno:

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Plan on waiting protest, I sent mine off february 3rd and I called today and im not even in the system yet. Its been over 8 weeks since I sent it out and over 6 weeks since the money order was cashed. The lady told me it will be at least if not more than 8 weeks from when they cashed my check. by law isnt it 60 days max? Maybe im being impatient, but I think its a little bit rediculous!
    Let's hope this means that they are getting flooded with applications. That would be awesome to see the number of handgun carriers grow by leaps and bounds in this state.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    It is because they are getting flooded with apps. Which is great but they need to hire many more people to get the turn around time down. Some people may not get an ltch because they dont want to pay money for something that takes 3 months to get from start to finish. I am sure it will get worse b4 it gets better. JMO

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

The law says nothing about when they cash the money order, or business days, or when they receive it. It flat out says 60 days from when the application is filed.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

Mvdxxx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    South Bend
    I've been waiting nine weeks now, call ISP today and I'm still not in the computer :xmad:. So when i got home i called and checked if the money order i sent had been cashed. It was cashed February 11th, any advice? Should i just wait more or what?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've been waiting nine weeks now, call ISP today and I'm still not in the computer :xmad:. So when i got home i called and checked if the money order i sent had been cashed. It was cashed February 11th, any advice? Should i just wait more or what?

Call them back with your Money Order info, something doesnt sound right...

mdad6942

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    It took 6 months for me to get mine, I called ISP after 3 months and the had no record of me applying. so I contacted the police station where I applyied and after no phone calls back to me , I went there and complained got a call from the chief of the watch same day got my permit 1 week later

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Mvdxxx, dont worry just yet. They are just very busy right now. They cashed my money order feb. 17th and im not in the system yet either. The lady from isp told me that there is a 8 to 9 week wait starting from the time they cash the money order. Im not thrilled about it either!:@

Mvdxxx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    South Bend
    Thank you guys very much. Feedback was helpful, i called back and they said it should be here by the eleventh....which is Sunday. I guess only time will tell when i receive it. I'm just impatient i guess!

ABCIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Do the Electronic Finger Prints!!

If it's an option for you do the electronic finger printing!!

I didn't do that. Figured after reading their site, it wouldn't save much just cost extra. Afterward, I read some things here and learned different. I applied for my Lifetime in Marion County on Feb. 3rd. I called on April 1st and was told it was received on Feb 3rd, and wouldn't be processed until at least the 3rd of April.

My wife who as not had a permit before, applied for her lifetime on April 1st with the electronic finger printing. Her's came in the mail on April 10th!

I'm still waiting...

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan

It took 6 months for me to get mine, I called ISP after 3 months and the had no record of me applying. so I contacted the police station where I applyied and after no phone calls back to me , I went there and complained got a call from the chief of the watch same day got my permit 1 week later

Mvdxxx, dont worry just yet. They are just very busy right now. They cashed my money order feb. 17th and im not in the system yet either. The lady from isp told me that there is a 8 to 9 week wait starting from the time they cash the money order. Im not thrilled about it either!:@
    I don't fully understand. Doesn't the law state (as seen in the top post on this page) that it should be rejected or denied within 60 days? That's just shy of 2 months (approximately 8 weeks). Or, does that mean 60 business days?

(Personally, tomorrow will be five weeks for me and I haven't seen mine yet)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom