• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's been around 3-4 years since I've been in an LGS or following the gun market. What is the current state as well as general prices/ value? Thanks!

With folks cheering for the gun grabbing commies to occupy certain elected positions, you can guess.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    COLT

I am considering selling a COLT LE6920. It is the MOE. I don't want to get taken of course but I am after the current value of the firearm.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    The retail gun market is pretty nuts across the board right now. There hasn't been a 18"-20" Mossberg 500/590 or Remington 870 in stock for months. New gun owners are clearing out the in store stock and older gun owners are cleaning out the online stores/ bulk ammo (not to mention I have to assume the world's militaries and police have been putting in pretty hefty orders of their own over the last year).

The secondary market is your typical ban scare on steroids as far as pricing goes, but I have to say I've personally had some pretty good luck on here (Ingo classified sellers and buyers are some of the nicest and fairest I've seen) and a few local gun/pawn shops. Right now, the secondary market for guns and ammo is probably your best bet. It looks like we are our own best friends and worst enemies, as usual. I don't begrudge anyone who stocked up when it was cheap and are selling now, but it does seem that certain "lines in the sand" are being drawn as the market adjusts. If you have items you bought at non-panic/ shortage prices, try to trade with similar forward thinking people to avoid the inflation and help the community out.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Best is to check prices on gunbroker. I wouldn't pay much attention to prices on web sites that don't have it in stock.

I am considering selling a COLT LE6920. It is the MOE. I don't want to get taken of course but I am after the current value of the firearm.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Best deal on Gunbroker right now, in stock. Standard model.

colt.png

Best deal on Gunbroker, Magpul model.

coltmp.png

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    You may regret passing on the 9MM?

Not at $30 a box! I've said before I'll buy a slingshot and start chucking rocks before I pay that much for 9mm!
    Seriously though , I am set up to reload 9mm and have enough components around to reload for a while. I order the bullets whenever I see some available.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Shout out to "9 Guns" in Anderson. Was in the other day and Glock 19 gen 5's brand new for $539. Haven't seen them that cheap anywhere and they had 3 in stock (I bought one). Also had a G45 and a G19 Mos for less than $600. A couple of CZ p07's for $499 among some other good deals on XDm's and such. Excellent pricing in my opinion for the current state of things. Also would sell one box of 9mm for 14.99 with handgun purchase.

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    Definitely a sellers market. Glad I got some lowers to build with since it seems like parts are still somewhat available depending on what you want.

I went to my local gun shop about a week ago, when I walked in the owner stated what ammo he was out of and the firearm supply was low. Good thing I was looking for and got some 350 Legend ammo.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Definitely a sellers market. Glad I got some lowers to build with since it seems like parts are still somewhat available depending on what you want.

I went to my local gun shop about a week ago, when I walked in the owner stated what ammo he was out of and the firearm supply was low. Good thing I was looking for and got some 350 Legend ammo.

A couple of weeks ago I hit several Walmarts in search of 30-30 ammo. Only found it at one store, but quite a few of the stores I checked had 350 Legend ammo in stock.

357Slinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Sellersburg
    So I have this friend who went out and bought 2 Glock 9mm's for his daughters. He had a couple of boxes of old FMJ's that they burned through in an hour at the range.
    He didnt want to pay $.55-60/rd for some Blazer 115 FMJ practice. After a week of looking, he changed his tune and bought 2000 at $.60/ea. It's out there but you are gonna pay to play.

Top Bottom