• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend was up at Haley's Lodge and Locksmith shop in Lafayette. He said that they just got in a shipment of ammo that had been back ordered for months. Also commented that the personnel there believe that there are folks who have the time, and money, to buy up just about all .22 LR rounds out there. They resell it at a markup as they have cornered the market. This may be the new normal as the factories are stretched to the max in production. All it takes is a handful of people to just buy everything up and force the rest of us to pay their prices.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    A friend was up at Haley's Lodge and Locksmith shop in Lafayette. He said that they just got in a shipment of ammo that had been back ordered for months. Also commented that the personnel there believe that there are folks who have the time, and money, to buy up just about all .22 LR rounds out there. They resell it at a markup as they have cornered the market. This may be the new normal as the factories are stretched to the max in production. All it takes is a handful of people to just buy everything up and force the rest of us to pay their prices.
    But eventually, when these flippers end up sitting on thousands of rounds of ammo because people are tired of paying their high prices, will stop buying it all up. Which leaves more in the stores for the rest of us. That is, IF PEOPLE WOULD STOP BUYING FROM THE FLIPPERS!

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    A little off topic, but I found out Dick's will price match on ammo from other brick and mortar stores. I couldn't find any .45 at Walmart today so I snapped a pic of the price tag and took it over to Dicks. They accepted it as proof and knocked $10 off per box. Just an FYI.
    Good to know. Unfortunately for me seems none of the Dick's near me don't carry anything but basic rifle calibers and shotgun shells.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown

The flippers are a problem, as are the people buying from flippers. I have heard from a few sources that the ammo manufacturers are going to flood the market with .22LR driving the flippers out of business. The ammo mfg's don't like this 22 flipping at all because it is preventing new shooters from being able to get ammo. Over the long term, this could mean less new shooters. I am hoping they will flood it so bad with 22 these flippers will have to give it away just to get rid of it.

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    I havent seen anything but multipurpose 12g load and some .25 at my local walmart. Had one someone ask me if .25 would work in a 22 since there wasnt any available.

Pohaku

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    In the middle
    The flippers are a problem, as are the people buying from flippers. I have heard from a few sources that the ammo manufacturers are going to flood the market with .22LR driving the flippers out of business. The ammo mfg's don't like this 22 flipping at all because it is preventing new shooters from being able to get ammo. Over the long term, this could mean less new shooters. I am hoping they will flood it so bad with 22 these flippers will have to give it away just to get rid of it.

What's a flipper? It sounds like what some people do with homes. Buy cheap and then turn around immediately and sell for more. If this is the case then where are these flippers selling the ammo and at what mark up?

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    What's a flipper? It sounds like what some people do with homes. Buy cheap and then turn around immediately and sell for more. If this is the case then where are these flippers selling the ammo and at what mark up?

Basically, it's the same idea without the renovation;). What is happening is that there are people clearing the shelves of .22lr and then reselling it in the classifieds or arms lists or even at gun shows for three and even four times the Wally mart price. Example, Federal 550ct .22lr is $23.97 a brick. I was told that a booth at the Indy 1500 a couple weekends ago was selling the exact same brick for $68. Go check arms list.com and search 22. The prices are ridiculous

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I went to wal-mart yesterday and talk to the store manager about the sign about there ammo "3 box limit" ... I told him there is nothing on wal-mart web site about a limit on ammo so whats up with the 3 box limit.... He said that each store makes the call on how they sell ammo... So I guess it depends on where you live and how much ammo you get, he said in my area people had been buying all they could get and selling it at a higher price and I believe at one time that was going on , but now I don't believe its as big a deal.... But it is what it is , so I bring my wife with me and she goes and does her shopping and I go check out the ammo and if there is something that I want more then 3 boxes of I buy my 3 and go get her and she buys 3 more.... So at least I can get 6 boxes .... I have even left and came back in and there was a diffrent person at the sporting goods department and bought 3 more and the wife got her 3 so in all we got 12 boxes in 15min., sometimes you have to play there game.....

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In NW IN, apparently the latest Walmart ammo policy is to charge more than Gander. I got both shotshells and slugs for $1 a box cheaper at Gander yesterday.

Top Bottom