• Total voters

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I use those words sparingly. When people who know me hear them come out of my mouth, it is serious. Gets the pinot across.
    The Mrs is a different story. :(

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I wish I could say never, but I do try. If I get stung by a wasp or similar, it just brings out all kinds of filth. It's not really the pain as much as it just ticks me off. Left lane drivers have a similar impact, so do liberals, uh oh, maybe I voted wrong.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I avoid it around women and children. I avoid it around men that I don't know well enough to know how they talk.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I was always told people tend to use more colorful language when they have a limited vocabulary but I think it's disrespectful in general. Just MHO

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I know a guy that uses "f***in" instead of "um" when he can't figure out what he's trying to say. Good guy, intelligent guy, but it makes him sound like an idiot.
    Yeah, overusing swear words as a "filler" or placeholder while you're trying to come up with the next word you want to use in a conversation does make you look like your vocabulary is limited and really does make you look like a moron. I totally agree with that.
    I was always told people tend to use more colorful language when they have a limited vocabulary
    Like RnR stated... I think the people who habitually stumble over their own words and fill in with curses (as well as long stretches of "uh"/"um") aren't the same thing as those who know when/where to put a lid on it (or conversely break it out with flair).
    I'm fairly certain my vocabulary is comfortably padded. In addition, I lurve to makeupify my own wordification...and sometimes I see others using my creations. That's always fun for me. :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Around kids/professional settings/general public/anytime I'm supposed to be more..."proper"...etc., I pretty much keep a firm clamp on the potty mouth.
    But when I'm with my bestie or in my own home, I have a love affair with the "F" word in its nine glorious parts of speech.
    Curiously, I don't use it as a staple of angry vocabulary... I'm much more inventive than that. :):
    And now people who've met me in real life are all confused and scratching their heads...
    :D
    They were confused and scratching their heads before you said any of that. ;)

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I almost never curse in anger. If I do, never in public. It's part of my lexicon, usually used for humor, emphasis or shock value, depending on the company.
    I grew up in a big inner city where cursing was common. When I turned 11 we moved to the suburbs where I was labelled a 'curser' in middle school by the admin. F**k them!

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Not around my MOTHER IN LAW ,she would beat my like a drum . Not in front of my grand children , and for the most part not when I work in other peoples homes. Other then that , let it fly . It lowers my blood presser . G0%, *^$ , $@^ @f @ %!?(~ .

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like of others have said, I try not to when in public, around company I don't know well, etc. I really hate to hear people doing it around or to kids. Again, like others said, I work in a factory and it's referred to as 'shop-talk' there. If you didn't use various forms of profanity to describe a problem a machine is having, most wouldn't know what you're talking about.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I personally think that there should not be "bad words"-- only bad thoughts and bad actions. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that a word that means 'poop' cannot be said on television, but TV programs can show hundreds of murders a day in gory detail.

Top Bottom