• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Surprised and pleased. The Supreme Court will not render an advisory opinion.

Indiana Lawyer
    So they are saying send us a case, and we will rule on it. Am I tracking right on this?

edit: So kick him to the curb, in 2022 or sometime it’ll get to the ISC. Seems like a possible plan B.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've always figured this wasn't about his butt grabbing, he must have stepped on some important toes or stirred up trouble somewhere and this is the stick that was used to beat him with. Not condoning what he did, it was wrong, but there just seems to be more to it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So they are saying send us a case, and we will rule on it. Am I tracking right on this?

edit: So kick him to the curb, in 2022 or sometime it’ll get to the ISC. Seems like a possible plan B.

But yeah, the case has to go through the normal process. I assume, starting in a trial court. However, the suspension will be up before a responsive pleading to any complaint if due. This is a political issue and should be settlement by the electorate.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    From what I recall, Hill had made it fairly clear that he was going to run against Holcomb this year, so when the governor’s wing of the party got a hold of this, they have been running with it hard ever since.

There is a reason that Holcomb, Bosma, etc. immediately demanded his resignation prior to an actual investigation being done.

Either way, I would be incredibly surprised if he gets the Republican nomination at the convention this year. He very likely might be getting the governor nomination right now if he had not acted like he did.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

I doubt a case gets filed, the current caselaw makes it very unlikely to be successful.

The Governor’s motion was largely a spray-n-pray drive-by type of event.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    https://www.kokomotribune.com/news/...5d51c88122.html#tncms-source=block-behavioral

[h=1]Indiana GOP ousts attorney general after groping allegations[/h]

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill’s bid for reelection was scuttled Friday as he lost the Republican nomination following a monthlong suspension of his law license over allegations that he groped a state lawmaker and three other women during a party.

Former U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita prevailed in mail-in voting by state convention delegates after a campaign among party activists that centered on whether the allegations against Hill left him vulnerable to defeat in the November election. Rokita defeated Hill with 52% of the vote in a third round of voting after two lesser-known candidates were eliminated in earlier rounds, state GOP Chairman Kyle Hupfer said.

Top Bottom