• ...and so much more!
  • 87bluejay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Hey all,
    does anyone know of a supplier that can mill out a custom fishing mold blank from aluminum? similar to the blank do-it molds.... just need it a bit larger

thanks for any help!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I know a shop that does some work for a major rod manufacturer. No clue what this might cost you but if you have some details on what you want done I can get you hooked up with the guy.

OK I looked up the do it blank, I see what you are talking about. You do realize even if they give you Zoubs friend discount this will cost real money. Do you have specs or drawings for an engineer to work from? The guys I know can do this kind of thing easy, they do custom work every day but they are not cheap.

Last edited:

87bluejay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I know a shop that does some work for a major rod manufacturer. No clue what this might cost you but if you have some details on what you want done I can get you hooked up with the guy.

OK I looked up the do it blank, I see what you are talking about. You do realize even if they give you Zoubs friend discount this will cost real money. Do you have specs or drawings for an engineer to work from? The guys I know can do this kind of thing easy, they do custom work every day but they are not cheap.

That would be awesome if you'd run it past your contact....Looking for a 'large' custom spinner bait mold for Muskie baits. Only need (1). Not really married to the hinged do-it style molds. Open to suggestions..

Thanks for the help! If you think the cost will have a 'comma' or two...I'll re-think it.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Tell me why this would not work? Do you need bigger hook, larger wire etc?
    Muskie Spinnerbait Mold ::: LureMaking.com

Thread how to modify it
    MuskieFIRST | Spinnerbait Molds » Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting » More Muskie Fishing

I am not saying you don't need it BUT I sit right next to a Musky Guide at work, he is in the office every Tuesday, and I know a couple other Musky guides and lure makers. I would think what you need may be out there without spending 300-1,000 on custom mill work. Look at those links and give me a better idea of what you specifically need.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    You can check out FineLine Prototyping they specialize in 3D printing. They offer 2 types of stainless and titanium laser sentering. I've used them on a couple projects at work and their pretty affordable. If you have access to Solidworks you can just save your model as a .stl and upload it right to the website and have your prototype in 2-3 days.
    If you need help creating a model let me know I'll be happy to work with you.

Welcome | FineLine Prototyping

Top Bottom