• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I need a piece of kydex molded to my gun. I have ano aliengear holster and I ruined it. Is anyone in Hamilton County that can make me a new one.

What happened to it? Are you just needing a new kydex shell to go on the old leather backer or are you looking for a whole new holster? Also what kind of gun?

DoomOfMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So the shell was rubbing on my grips. So I sanded it back a little then there was way to much slop the gun would just slide around. So I tried heating up the shell to tighten it up and I failed miserably. So I just need a new shell for my Springfield Operator 1911.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Heat releases the kydex. You need to press foam against it to gain more retention. If you just used a heat gun, the kydex goes back to its neutral state (flat)

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I would imagine you can buy a new one from alien gear. I can make you a shell but you would have to cut it to size to make it work with the backer and sand and finish it. Or if you wanted to mail me the old one I could do all that and assemble it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    AAA Kydex in Anderson. Aaron is a member here but doesn't post much. You can find him on Facebook. I can send you his ph# if interested.

Top Bottom