• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been super busy the past year with my new twins but finally got some time to do some more leather work. I made this up for a good friend of mines S&W bodyguard 380. Left handed IWB. I put his initials on the reinforcement piece for a little extra effect. It is wet molded to the pistol so the retention is great. It slides in with a nice click almost like kydex. I was pretty happy with how it came out. I hope he likes it too. The loops weren't on in this picture but I made some kydex IWB loops to put on it to keep it nice and slim.
    03bba7f6ea8d30e2b91f6f023092f74b_zpsf5ab6e48.jpg

95471206df65136c317ec981bce785e5_zpsb0091894.jpg

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks nice. How many ounces is the leather? Nice hand saddle-stitching.
    Thanks guys.
    Headless, I usually use 8-9oz leather but with this gun being so lightweight and him want to conceal it as much as possible I went with 6-7oz leather to keep it nice and slim. The stitching is a pain for sure but I was pretty happy with it. I am still working on getting it all to lay correctly and look just how I want it.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Thanks guys.
    Headless, I usually use 8-9oz leather but with this gun being so lightweight and him want to conceal it as much as possible I went with 6-7oz leather to keep it nice and slim. The stitching is a pain for sure but I was pretty happy with it. I am still working on getting it all to lay correctly and look just how I want it.

With a wet-form like you did and that added patch with the initials, 7 oz. should hold up for years and years, especially IWB. Looks good. Sewing channels are nice and evenly dug and evenly spaced. Hand saddle-stitching looks nice and tight. Fine piece of work.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Very nice!

I believe you and I exchanged a few PM's a year or so ago. Are you going to start up again making them for sale?

Top Bottom