• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hi everyone, haven't posted on here in a long time, and might share some pictures of my new Performance Center tuned M&P R8 I have coming in tomorrow in the handguns section; but on to my topic.

I've noticed a severe lack of holster/carry options for such a large revolver so I've started looking at bags, but no shoulder bag/messenger bag option I've been able to find would suit my needs. I've started thinking about a bag design with some particular features that would serve a purpose for Revolvers (theres enough semi-auto focused bag options out there); particularly useful for: Hiking/Trail Guides (think grizzly/mountain cats), Active Range use (gun comps, drills, etc...), EDC with large revolver, or general purpose travel with some defensive/utilitarian measures built in.

I think there's a large gaping hole in the market of bag/holster options with millions of people who could really benefit from it, and think it's a bombshell idea.

Anyone know of a tactical bag maker/manufacturer/tailor that would be willing to make a custom bag tailored to Revolver carry & use?

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Look at camera bags. A lot of lenses and cameras are bigger than most revolvers. And they are heavily padded.
    I'll check that out, thanks.

Why won't bags work for autos and revolvers?
    Well they generally have pouches designed around semi-auto magazines, and many have AR style mag pouches, both of which are about worthless to me for revolver use. *Edit* Just dont want to pay for a bag with pouches I'll get no use of, or that is just not functional for what I'd want to use it for.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I shoot a S&W 627-5 Revolver for Steel Challenge and use a mid size range bag, I can't think of any items that are unique to revolvers that can't be solve with current inventory. I carry my loaded moon clips in plastic containers, only item that is unique to revolvers. Hey but if you see something that other don't go for it.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was looking for a bag similar to the Slingshot armored bag but it's primarily designed around semi-auto pistols. I just dont want a bag with AR style mag pouches or pouches designed around semi-auto magazines.

My Idea was to have a bag similar to the Slingshot, room for ballistic panels/kevlar closest to the wearer, and a moonclip POST on the side of the bag that would hold 4-5 moonclips for a 357 magnum, concealed by a velcro/zipper flap thats easily opened in a hurry. In addition, the pouch that rips open to reveal the revolver would have space at the bottom of the cavity to act as a dump pouch for spent brass/moonclips. All of this, once tightened to the body cross body sling style, would act as an impromptu tactical vest with kevlar, reloads, dump pouch, and hell even a lil pocket for your phone/radio/shot timer.

I thought such a bag would have a lot of uses, at the range and as an EDC bag, with offensive and defensive capabilities. I asked the makers of the slingshot bag and they said "Once they sell a little bitter, there are plans to offer a slightly larger model, although we haven't considered revolvers specifically."

I just think it'd be a badass bag, and I really want one :(

Top Bottom