• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I understand.. my dog somehow drank about 1/2 a beer out of can without cutting his tongue the other day. It was also Yuengling lager... but he is not a snob
    My beloved yellow lab, Chester, had an unusual talent. I could give him a peanut in the shell, I would see his jaw moving slightly for a minute or so, then he would spit out the empty (and soggy) shell and swallow the peanut. I have no idea how he figured out how to do that, Or even how he knew that the peanut is the good part and the shell is the part you throwaway.

Here he is serving as heating pad for a couple kittens.

B3C522AC-0047-4AB5-B673-2C847C2E829C.jpeg

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I understand.. my dog somehow drank about 1/2 a beer out of can without cutting his tongue the other day. It was also Yuengling lager... but he is not a snob
    My Grandad had a pet duck that drank beer from a saucer. It would get dunk and run through the yard crashing into everything. If you've never seen a drunk duck you are missing one of life's little gifts.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My Grandad had a pet duck that drank beer from a saucer. It would get dunk and run through the yard crashing into everything. If you've never seen a drunk duck you are missing one of life's little gifts.
    That reminded me that my dad told me when he was in the Pacific as an aircraft mechanic during WWII, one of the guys in his tent had a small pet monkey. Whenever they got their beer ration they would give it a saucer of beer, and when it got tanked it would jump for the other side of the tent and miss wildly.

obligatory picture. Probably not the same monkey.
    4FF1705B-722A-4713-9F58-06B32885DBEC.jpeg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    That reminded me that my dad told me when he was in the Pacific as an aircraft mechanic during WWII, one of the guys in his tent had a small pet monkey. Whenever they got their beer ration they would give it a saucer of beer, and when it got tanked it would jump for the other side of the tent and miss wildly.

obligatory picture. Probably not the same monkey.
    View attachment 318548
    Close but at least not the trunk monkey!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    For some reason, this reminds me:

Many years ago I was at a New Year’s Eve party at someone’s house. The owner had a big, shaggy friendly dog. Maybe part collie.

As people came in the door for the party, the dog would trot over to greet them and extract head pats and ear scratches. The dog was clearly pleased there were so many people coming in to pet her.

A group of six or seven people came in at once, and I happened to know that the last one in line was a female veterinarian. Of course, she wasn’t dressed like a veterinarian, she had her party dress on, her hair done up, perfume, the whole 9 yards.

Tail wagging wildly, the dog happily worked her way down the line, getting her pats on the head, when she finally got to the veterinarian. The dog took one sniff and immediately ducked her head and her tail down, scurried for a back bedroom and didn’t come out for the rest of the night.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom