• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a Mossberg 500a made in 92 that has a 28" Accu choke barrel that I am thinking about cutting back to 18.5". Anyone know what the choke or I.D. of the barrel at that point. Right now the end of the barrel is in some penetrating oil. I think the threads are crossed but hoping it just needs cleaned. Who would be good to cut and crown the barrel. It has a vent rib so will need a new sight, would want a rifle sight installed. Could the cut barrel be threaded for the use of Auuc chokes?

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Every place I have looked is out of stock for the Mossberg 18.5" and 20" barrels. I want to install the VANG COMP SYSTEM and they will not do it on chrome-lined bores. I can live with the cut 28" till Mossberg gets barrels out there again.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Yes, I was at my local gun shop today and was told they had standing orders for Mossberg products but never knew what or when they would get them.
    Every place I have looked is out of stock for the Mossberg 18.5" and 20" barrels. I want to install the VANG COMP SYSTEM and they will not do it on chrome-lined bores. I can live with the cut 28" till Mossberg gets barrels out there again.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The way prices are floating, you can buy a NIB Mossberg/88 model for $250 or so. I bought my Moss 500 bbl a few years back for $88. (18.5in). Good luck on your search.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Got the choke to come out after leaving in penatrating oil for two days. This is on a Buba special I found after getting my first 500a. Mag tube is really bad, looks like a hammer was used on it. After using a heat gun on the tube where it enters the receiver it turned out, threads are good. A new tube is ordered from Midway.

Looks like I listed the wrong gun at the top. This is a 500 with a single slide bar. Stocks are beat up so the wood stocks will be replaced with the 500a stocks and the 500a gets Magpul stocks. The 500a barrel will go on this gun and this gun's barrel will go to be cut. Wish I hadn't order the tube as there is a 500 for sale with a 20" barrel in the classifieds which would have worked for me. Cheaper than a new barrel on eBay.

Top Bottom