• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Me and my 9 year old son are attending are first Appleseed in late September in Lake Village IN. We don't own any 10/22 but I have many friends that have offered to loan us there's. None of them have a youth stock so my question is can I cut down a factor synthetic stock to fit my son. I'm trying to save money by buying a used stock but I can't find a used youth synthetic stock. There's tons of them on eBay but there full size. I want a synthetic one to save on the weight. My son has started shooting this year and has only gone four times.

Thanks for the help.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sure, you can cut down a synthetic stock. You will probably have to reshape the buttplate, and may have to epoxy it back on as you will most likely lose the screw mounts in the shortening process. Another option would be to throw a slip on recoil pad over the end if you would rather.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Lone, mine has a 6 position rear stock.

287396.jpg

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I cut down a plastic muzzleloader stock and used J B Qwik plastic on it and it worked excellent just follow directions on package you can find it at walmart.

andyoz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    North Central
    I cut down a plastic muzzleloader stock and used J B Qwik plastic on it and it worked excellent just follow directions on package you can find it at walmart.
    ^^ what he said. I cut down a ruger 77/357 with a hollow stock. Cut enough off I had to relocate the screw for the sling, I also roughed up the inside of the stock befor I put in the JB plastic weld. Also replacd original with a sim recoil pad that I could sand down.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7415

john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    I've been having the same conundrum so I've decided to cut down a wooden stock. I've seen a few people elsewhere have success with it. I like this guys modifications the best. Trim the bump off the grip and remove some from the front. youth wood stock for 10/22? - AR15.Com Archive
    Also the weight will only be a factory in the standing position, at appleseed you use the sling and your bones to support the rifle most of the time. So make sure the length of pull is good for your boy.

Top Bottom