• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    We ditched directtv now and went back to cable with Xfinity. We had internet only through comcast and was paying 69 a month. Got a 2 yr deal for faster internet and cable for 69 a month plus taxes. We end up saving around 20 a month dumping directtv now.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Considering how much I pay every month for cable, I have often thought of doing the same thing. The only reason I haven't cancelled it yet is that I also get my phone and internet from the cable. We have an alarm system that requires a phone line, which the cable provides. We hardly ever use the land line for talking as both of use our cell phones almost exclusively. The only exception is my mother-in-law who lives in Canada. We have a package on our calling plan that includes free Canada calls.

So I guess were keeping the cable.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Considering how much I pay every month for cable, I have often thought of doing the same thing. The only reason I haven't cancelled it yet is that I also have my phone and internet. We also have an alarm system that requires a phone line, which the cable provides. We hardly ever use the land line for talking as both of use our cell phones almost exclusively. The only exception is my mother-in-law who lives in Canada. We have a package on our calling plan that includes free Canada calls.

So I guess were keeping the cable.

My internet and landline cost me $57 with AT&T. I don't have unlimited long distance, but I think it's about ten bucks more.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My internet and landline cost me $57 with AT&T. I don't have unlimited long distance, but I think it's about ten bucks more.

That's good to know. That's a LOT less than I'm paying. We also have the sports subscription which allows us to get all the hockey and football games. But now that the Hawks have tanked, and I've basically lost interest in the NFL except for the post season, it would save us a nice chunk of cake.

As far as the antenna, there's still an antenna in the attic from the pre-cable days, all we have to do is hook it back up again.

Top Bottom