• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ron gave this a good review.
    I'm surprised by this scopes performance.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This is just me - I may risk it if its on amazon because I know I can return it but anymore, there are so many YouTube shills and fake reviews on every site that I don't trust anything that isn't a name brand.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is just me - I may risk it if its on amazon because I know I can return it but anymore, there are so many YouTube shills and fake reviews on every site that I don't trust anything that isn't a name brand.
    Did you watch the video?
    He put it on several different high power rifles and it stood up to the recoil one was a 375 H&H. I was impressed for a $30 scope.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Did you watch the video?
    He put it on several different high power rifles and it stood up to the recoil one was a 375 H&H. I was impressed for a $30 scope.

No but that wasn't my point. My point is there is so much crap on YouTube, you can't believe anything. Look at the whole Arken fiasco. They paid so many people to shill their products you can't tell what's true and what isn't.

I don't know who Ron Spomer is but a quick search shows that he sells outdoor gear. Combine that with the multiple affiliate links to the amazon product and I just don't trust it. I'm not saying he isn't trustworthy, just that I don't know and past experiences makes me very leary.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why yes, I too wish to use the cheapest possible means to guide my use of lethal force.

What's the worst that could happen!?

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'd have no reservations putting that on my .22 for sure.

So I watched the video. The fact that the POI wandered to the left when he adjusted elevation was enough to turn me off. If it doesn't track, I wouldn't even spend $30 unless the intention was to sight it in with a specific round and leave it there. Kid's .22 or air rifle maybe.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Maybe for the back yard beater pest control gun or if you don't have a lot of money and need something cheap for a hunting season or two. Worser ways to pee away thirty bucks.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I dont get the enamor of cheap optics or justification for use on .22 rifles.

Shooting is supposed to be fun.

Risking a hunt or even a day at the range because one didnt want to spend a few extra bucks seems silly to me.

Really if one is so money driven, save the gas and ammo expense of shooting and work overtime on the weekend.

The least scope id run on a " lowly .22rf " would be an old Leupold M8 4x.

Top Bottom