Cyclist killed by hit and run driver; citizen pursues....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When in the video the pursuer says "I'm not armed" I thought it came out kind of naturally like "I'm not armed at the moment" rather than from someone who for the first time thought about being armed.

Looks like he was an MP and armorer in the army: https://www.facebook.com/johnscottharris

He also claims the driver ran with a backpack of marijuana. I have nothing against weed. But if you are carrying some, it would be a good time to drive carefully not stupidly.

“Some” marijuana does not take a backpack to transport

so we may have both an illegal plant and an undocumented farmer? Or is it an undocumented plant and an illegal driver?

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    The chaser is a cyclist. He is a bike messenger. And I know this seems hard to understand for a lot of drivers, but just cause someone is on a bike doesn't mean they don't own a car. I've been told countless times while riding that "I don't have a right to the road cause I don't pay for them".

I see and hear that quote from time to time. You are correct in that most cyclists do own vehicles, my wife and I have 6.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I gave up cycling on the streets because of cell phones and inattentive drivers. Someone texting or surfing the web could easily hit half a dozen cyclists and it would be called an accident.
    At least three time a week I have to blow my horn to keep some @#%&$# from crossing the centerline into my lane because he didn't notice my big white Chevy SUV with its lights on.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Very sorry for the victim, but giving chase wasn't a smart decision. Give first aid if required and be a good witness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom