• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I got to handle the gun in the video yesterday and mess around with the SFS kit. Im a traditional 1911 guy who carries cocked and locked. The SFS kit is actually pretty cool. There is a lot of extra parts that could cause a problem. The one thing I didn't like is the right paddle of the ambi safery is plastic and held on by a metal pin. The rest of the ambi safety is metal.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    AllenM, Thank you for posting the video! My question for the creators of that system is what problem does it solve? Standard 1911 cocked and locked - thumb safety gets bumped off and you have a hammer waiting to go when the GS and trigger are pressed. Devise installed 1911 - thumb safety gets bumped off and you have a hammer waiting to go when the GS and trigger are pressed. I remember 20+ years ago Daewoo put out a gun that you could cock the hammer and manually lower it back to rest. Then a light bump of the trigger threw the hammer back to the cocked position for easy firing. Andy

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    AllenM, Thank you for posting the video! My question for the creators of that system is what problem does it solve? Standard 1911 cocked and locked - thumb safety gets bumped off and you have a hammer waiting to go when the GS and trigger are pressed. Devise installed 1911 - thumb safety gets bumped off and you have a hammer waiting to go when the GS and trigger are pressed. I remember 20+ years ago Daewoo put out a gun that you could cock the hammer and manually lower it back to rest. Then a light bump of the trigger threw the hammer back to the cocked position for easy firing. Andy
    That was addressed in an earlier post pertaining mostly to LEO’s who were forbidden to carry Condition 1, or SA autos altogether, and the namby pamby crowd who were scared to carry an SA auto with a round in the chamber. It’s a good system, and worked for me in a HiPower for thousands of rounds.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Also reminds me of the weird trigger Daewoo (yes, Daewoo...) had in the pistols they made in the early '90s. It was a double/single action and you could cock the hammer back manually and then lower it with the lever - which I thinks was the thumb safety if I recall... The double action part of the trigger was then just mush until you got to the single action portion. It was odd.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It's different. I was not familiar with them until I was browsing C&S website and it got me curious so I had see for myself. It is not a bad system. When I first started to carry a 1911 I carried on an empty chamber with the hammer cocked for a while just to raise my comfort level.
    I believe this can make others nervous to and this eliminates that.

:twocents:

Top Bottom