• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    I recently purchased a cz52 and after buying it i shot a few clips through it, cleaned it, and put it up. I have since gotten it back out(only a few days later) and loaded the clip, put it in the gun, let the slide go, and it went full auto and ran the whole clip through. I have since messed with it and the hammer follows the slide closed most of the time. it does more often if there is a actual shell being loaded as opposed to just working the slide with no clip in it. anyone have this happen? thanks sb

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I recently purchased a cz52 and after buying it i shot a few clips through it, cleaned it, and put it up. I have since gotten it back out(only a few days later) and loaded the clip, put it in the gun, let the slide go, and it went full auto and ran the whole clip through. I have since messed with it and the hammer follows the slide closed most of the time. it does more often if there is a actual shell being loaded as opposed to just working the slide with no clip in it. anyone have this happen? thanks sb

How was the recoil:dunno: Were you able to keep the gun under control while it was going full-auto:dunno:

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    the cz's go full auto when the sear breaks. same thing happens on the 82, get a new sear and it will be just like new

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Hope you were at the range and pointing in a safe direction when it went FA! You are lucky no one was hurt. I thought broken firing pin at first but then you said the hammer followed so it does sound like a bad sear. Have a competent Smith look at it to be sure. It should be an easy fix. :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    First order of business is to get thee (and gun) to a place of repair ASAP.

Do it yesterday. Post-haste. NOW.

Get that sucker fixed.

-J-

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Bet that would have been fun if it wasn't so darn scary!! Hope all was ok. Wonder what your heart rate went to? First, I would take it back where I got it. If a local shop, online, or even a individual, they should replace or refund. Let us know what you find, I have shot well over 1000K through the half dozen or so 52's I own over the years and never had anything like that occur. I will keep that even more in mind the next time one accompanies me to the range though...

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    For your information. Everything you should (if you want to) know about a CZ 52 Pistol. This is a excellent schematic, diassembly and assembly site for future reference. I would not strip any further than needed to clean (slide,barrel, firing pin). And If you can not return/exchange, I also would get it to a reputable gunsmith. Your problem could end up with some bad juju... take care

Quality Gunsmithing, cz52 by Lonestarfab.com

Last edited:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    That is a great website with a lot of info. Just get your pistol fixed properly and enjoy it. I have one that I got from a member here with 2K rounds of ammo, and we love shooting it. It sure gets a lot of attention at the range, and is a hoot to shoot.
    Dave

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    Thanks im leaning toward the sear as well. It was definitely a handful to hold on to, especially one handed! luckily i was at my little range behind the house and had it pointed toward the ground down range. It rose pretty fast but it didnt last long. ill let you know if i get to it soon enough. Thanks again

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    This reminds me of the time my SKS went full auto. The 1 time the 40 round mag didnt jam too.........Bang bang bbbbbabaaaaanng. i went from target to sky in about .3 seconds god knows what i rained bullets down on.

Top Bottom