• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have a CZ 75 P-01 in 9mm that came with two 10 round mags.
    I see that MecGar has 14 round magazines available but before ordering same, I have this question.
    Supposedly, the CZ 75 Compact magazines will work in the P-01...specifically, the 14 rounders.
    If someone could verify this for me, I would appreciate it.

I hesitate to place an order due to past experience in a similar group. I once ordered some custom faux ivory grips for this P-01 and was told that the grips used by the CZ 75 Compact model were the same. They were not...the screw holes were different. I had to return the grips.

So...I'm still in the market for a couple magazines and some nice grips...
    Any input will be appreciated.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes, the mecgar 14 round magazines fit the P01. In fact, all CZ 75B magazines will fit the P01. Bigger than 14 round will hang out the bottom a bit. I have a CZ 75 Compact and use 16 round mecgars with the SP01 basepads. It gives you and extra 1/2" of grip in exchange for an extra two rounds. I recommend it. I do strongly recommend Mecgar. They are the best after-market magazines available. Good luck with the P01. It is an excellent choice.
    Be aware that finding magazines right now is much more difficult than usual. It is very hard to find them in stock anywhere and the prices for "hi caps" are very high. Hopefully, things will calm down soon.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They will work.

Like glock mags, the G17 mags fit all 9mm models.

14 round mags came with my RAMI. They also fit the compact, but too short for the full size 75b. The 75b mags will fit all but just stick out a little.

P01 share the same 14 round mag as the compact.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a P01 as well and have several Mecgar magazines. As others have said the 75 magazines will stick out the bottom but they are nice to have at the range. I don't have any experience with them but ProMag also makes CZ magazines. Midway had them in stock and on sale last week but they look to be gone. The place to look for CZ gear is here CZ Pistol Magazines but their prices are typically higher.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No one seems to have CZ mags in stock. There are several listed on Gunbroker. Some of the deals aren't too bad. Some are just crazy.

Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Thank you, one and all for your responses. As has been noted, finding a magazine for this CZ is now, thanks to Obama, all but impossible.
    I have checked all of the links you sent along.
    Obtaining a 14 rounder or two is not a necessity, just a desire. And yes, I should have purchased a couple of the 14 round mags a long time ago. The fault of not having done so is mine, and mine alone.

By the way. I am very impressed with the accuracy of this P-01...no sight changes were necessary. This CZ is a keeper.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I see BotachTactical.com has them. Anyone heard anything about them before I throw my money away?

Price is high and it is hit or miss with Botach. Some people have good luck with their site but checking other sites they do not get good reviews. I have ordered from them once and later got an email saying that one of the items wasn't in stock. Cancelled the entire order and have not ordered from them again.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Checked 2 shops in the Indy area today as I am always looking for magazines. ITP and Bradis had nothing. Not too surprising as most shops don't carry cz stuff.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks for the update. I have been checking sites daily. Looks like earliest ETA on restock is 2/6. Other date I am seeing is 2/16. I'm looking for the flush fit metal ones too. Botah still the only game on the net it seems. Each day I get closer to rolling the dice on them....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been perusing Gunbroker and there seems to be quite a few Mecgar 14 and 16 round magazines listed. The prices don't seem to be too far out there. If you can buy them in the $30-$40 dollar range in this market I would go for it. No telling when they will be back in stock at the normal distributors.

Top Bottom