• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echestnet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Martinsville
    I am trying to decide between a 9mm Sig 226 and a CZ 75 B. If not for the $$$ the Sig would be my choice but for half the price I like the CZ as well. The big thing the Sig has over the CZ I like is the trigger. Shorter, lighter and just feels better. Is this something that can be upgraded with the CZ along with the sights. If so how much would it cost. Thanks in advance.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The Two to Contact...

Birds Away
    Rusty Hornet

After you get enough posts, contact these two on INGO...They have forgot more about CZ's than most here will ever know..REAL GOOD GUYS too...Bill.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I am trying to decide between a 9mm Sig 226 and a CZ 75 B. If not for the $$$ the Sig would be my choice but for half the price I like the CZ as well. The big thing the Sig has over the CZ I like is the trigger. Shorter, lighter and just feels better. Is this something that can be upgraded with the CZ along with the sights. If so how much would it cost. Thanks in advance.

My 226 is the old non-SRT version, and the SA breaks at 5 lbs. All I had to do was swap the mainspring in my CZ SP-01, and the trigger is now the same as the 226, with no ignition problems. Honestly, the only thing I think the "non-Elite" Sigs have over CZs is they disassemble easier. Balanced against the fact that the CZ sits lower in the hand, and I think the mag release is easier. The Elite model Sigs are indeed very nice, but not worth the premium in my opinion.

You cannot go wrong either way.

echestnet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Martinsville
    Thanks for the link. After a quick look I found couple options in the $200- $300 range. Actually a little more than I expected but still 3-400 cheaper than the Sig I want. This is a tough decision

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm no expert. That would be Birds Away and Llh1956 "the wizard". I am a little bias as I don't care for the Sig's at all. A tuned CZ will out shoot anything every day of the week. Nothing shoots faster or flatter that I've found. Depending on how far you'd like to go, you can have a good trigger with just a few parts swaps and little money, or you can have a really sweet trigger by using the CGW pro package and sending it to the Wizard for install and some "Lovin". They can be seriously sweet pieces with a little time and money. Having recently been able to shoot a Sig legion DA/SA for comparison, Cagunized CZ has a much nicer trigger and the slide in rails design is the bees knees for fast follow up and recoil management.

Welcome and enjoy the :koolaid:, it is strong around these parts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no issues with folks liking Sigs. They are well made and accurate pieces. I just have no desire to own one.
    I have 5 CZ's now and possibly will own a few more before its over. All save for 1 (and it is on the list) have received the full cajun goodie package and 1 is a CGW built CopperHead.
    Look into a CZ.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have no issues with folks liking Sigs. They are well made and accurate pieces. I just have no desire to own one.
    :faint:

I think we all have gun lines like that. I have a couple of makers that I just have no interest in buying one, Dan Wesson, Springfield... That may change at some point. So don't be surprised if I end up with either one at some point. But at this point, no interest.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The two CZ's I got surplus both shoot great with CGW parts installed. I need to find the time and money to finish them all the way but one thing at a time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :faint:

I think we all have gun lines like that. I have a couple of makers that I just have no interest in buying one, Dan Wesson, Springfield... That may change at some point. So don't be surprised if I end up with either one at some point. But at this point, no interest.

You are on point here.
    I am a Dyed in the wool Springer guy. I have had a few turds from them but they all push one out on occasion.
    I have shot a few sigs and HK's as well. Neither do much for me.
    That said they all ran just fine and hit exactly what I pointed them at.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    With all of the CZ post I see on here it really has me wanting to try one .
    Ive always been a 1911 or Glock kinda guy . Yes now you can razz me twice .

Top Bottom