• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of the best deals around right now is a ex-Czech Police issue pre-B CZ-75. They can be bought for around $300 and with a weekends worth of work, and $50 in springs, grips and Duracoat, they can rival something that would cost an easy $500 elsewhere. The 92's and later can use MecGar 16 round mags and with a bit of work, the early ones can as well. Here is what $289 will buy:
    CZ751-1before.jpg

and what a weekends worth of fun can turn it into:
    CZ751-4.jpg

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I own 4 CZ pistols (two 75 BDs, one 75 PCR Compact & one 82). While I would prefer to carry the Compact, my wife makes that impractical at this time as she has laid claim to it. I have been carrying a 75 BD on me since I acquired it a few weeks ago. I have toyed with the idea of simply carrying the 82 as it is one dead-on accurate pistol. I would not hesitate to have any of these fine pieces of machinery in my hands if my life were on the line. Now, if I could only find a 97 BD to complete my desired CZ handgun collection.

For what it is worth, the only other handguns I want at this time is a Smith & Wesson Model 60 in .357 Magnum and/or a Ruger SP101 in the same caliber. That's how satisfied I am with the CZ line of pistols. :)

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Picked mine up today. Its currently on my hip in case ze Germans come whilst I eat peanut brittle and drink Diet root beer instead of heading to the range to test it out. I used to get upset when it'd rain and I wanted to go to the range, but I feel that Thor is smiling on my purchase today and in, in fact, jealous. Absolutely love this pistol!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I own 4 CZ pistols (two 75 BDs, one 75 PCR Compact & one 82). While I would prefer to carry the Compact, my wife makes that impractical at this time as she has laid claim to it. I have been carrying a 75 BD on me since I acquired it a few weeks ago. I have toyed with the idea of simply carrying the 82 as it is one dead-on accurate pistol. I would not hesitate to have any of these fine pieces of machinery in my hands if my life were on the line. Now, if I could only find a 97 BD to complete my desired CZ handgun collection.

For what it is worth, the only other handguns I want at this time is a Smith & Wesson Model 60 in .357 Magnum and/or a Ruger SP101 in the same caliber. That's how satisfied I am with the CZ line of pistols. :)

The CZ74BD is fine weapon - I already miss it, but the wife likes the P-07 Duty :wavey:

Last edited:

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    WooHoo! I just found a CZ 85 Combat dual tone in stock and placed an order. The guy said it should ship out to my FFL today. Been wanting one of these for a long time.

:rockwoot:

I went for the 85 Combat mainly because I'm a lefty and I want the ambi controls. This will be a range/home defense gun, so the lack of firing pin block isn't a big deal, and I'd rather have the smoother trigger pull anyway. There are no SA or decocker options on the 85 that I know of, and the ambi controls are more of a priority to me.

I believe the 85 Combat is only available in 9mm, and I'm a 9mm guy anyway. I like the extra mag capacity, the ability to practice on the cheap, and have plenty of confidence in 124gr +P Gold Dots. :D

If you wanted to convert it to single action only, CZ Custom has a couple different SA triggers. CZ Triggers

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I prefer CZs with safeties that way you can choose whether you want to carry it in DA/SA or in single action with a safety.

Out of curiosity, "safety off" is an upward or downward motion on the CZs? I have an old Ruger P89 with a safety and despise the safety because it is an up-push to turn the safety off and I find that very counter intuitive if you're in a dangerous situation.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I think it's either this or a BHP. That is lovely.

The Cz75 police trade ins are being sold at Guns America by Robertsons Trading post I believe.

If you want a good deal on a Hi Power look for an FM. They were built under license from FN ( the licensing agreement has expired) and their production equipment and QC was approved by FN, so all parts are interchangeable with FN Hi Powers. This is not necessarily true of other clones. The finish on the FM guns is more utilitarian than the FNs but they can be had at or under $400.

gdog243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Dealers For CZ Pistols

Is there any dealers that carry the CZ Pistols in Indy Area where I guy can look at ???

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I have long been considering a CZ-75. But I am very indecisive about which specific options and caliber. I'd like to hear from the masses with some experience on the topic.
    Caliber? SA only? etc, etc.

I have a CZ75 P-06 40 cal. with crimson trace laser. The 40 cal. is an excellent choice. I highly recommend it. Of all the pistols I own, it is my favorite. It is DA.

This pistol has a steel slide and the frame is made of aluminum alloy. Makes it a great carry gun.

;)

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've owned a few of them over the years (75B 9mm, 75BD 9mm, CZ40 40 S&W and P07 Duty 9mm)and still have a two-tone 75B Compact 9mm as my bedside gun. The full size and compact model 75B's are my favorite. They have the most natural feel for me and are unbelievably accurate right out of the box. I also prefer it in it's original caliber, 9mm, although I have nothing against the 40 or 45. The 9's just shoot better for me, but YMMV.

The only problem I can report from any of them after thousands of rounds down range is that the paint on the P07 sights came off during my first trip to the range with it. Since then I've noticed a few P07's with poor application of the sight paint. You'd think that CZ could remedy this pretty easily.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I plan to pick up a 75bSA I have come to like glocks, DAO revolvers, and basically having consitent trigger pull. I do not like the fact that my sig P220 has a DA/SA arrangement. I am not going to replace my sig, I just doubt I ever get a DA/SA again ( except something like an fnp-45 where you can carry SA with a thumb safety.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You can carry the 75B DA/SA in SA and it's no different than if it were SA only. The only difference in the SA and DA/SA is a couple of small parts inside that allow a DA pull if necessary, but I always carry mine as SA. In fact, you can convert a DA/SA to SA only by replacing the trigger and trigger bar. I think you can go in reverse as well, but would need a couple of extra parts.

Top Bottom