• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    I got to handle this little guy today. I'd never seen one before and jumped at the chance to look it over. I really liked it's looks and it had just enough to weight to feel good in my hand. The price was right, all the reviews were favorable and I thought "this is going home with me". The counter guy was agreeable and let me dry fire it after making sure it was unloaded. It honestly had one of the worse triggers of any handgun I have handled and it was in single action. Is this common to all decocker type handguns, can it be improved without spending a small fortune? I really liked it otherwise

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Answers might depend on what you consider to be a small fortune. Is spending $100 a fortune? What about $200? And what was the sticker price on the gun?

You can always smoothen it out for free by dry firing (and live firing it) it a whole bunch

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The more trigger pulls the better the trigger will get. Is this an omega model or the standard model? Not sure the PCR is even offered in with the omega trigger.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The pull is just really long and notchy. It might be acceptable for self defense purposes but any kind of deliberate aimed fire it sucked.
    My SP-01 Tactical is the same way in DA. Long and "stagey" or notchy as you say. SA has a little creep before it breaks. But honestly in SA under live fire I don't notice it. The wizard or CGW can fix that for you. I would have already sent mine to the wizard a long time ago if he wasn't so far away from me

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The CZ 75 PCR, along with a good part of the 75 line, is a duty/service firearm. PCR stands for Police Czech Republic and the factory trigger pulls are designed as such.

The beauty of the CZ is what that trigger can be. You can tune it to most anything from service grade to a sub 3# target trigger.

Improvements range from dry firing (use a smashed foam ear plug in front of the hammer) a few thousand times to installing a range of parts and tuning with Cajun Gun Works parts. You can spend a penny on a foam ear plug or several hundred dollars on Cajun parts and tuning or amounts in between. Personally, I am a triger snob and every CZ gets a CGW Pro Package and tuning by The Wizard.

BTW: Ingo has the finest CZ tuner this side of the Atlantic. Should you buy one and want to know its full potential, make a call out to the Wizard.

Just as an aside, I had a CZ 75 Phantom that might have had the worst factory trigger they ever produced. So much so, that I traded the gun off without ever firing a shot. Well, the gun with through a couple people and a full compliment of upgrades. I now own it again and it is one of my favorite CZs.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My SP-01 Tactical is the same way in DA. Long and "stagey" or notchy as you say. SA has a little creep before it breaks. But honestly in SA under live fire I don't notice it. The wizard or CGW can fix that for you. I would have already sent mine to the wizard a long time ago if he wasn't so far away from me

He is closer to you than he used to be....

Top Bottom