• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    would you carry a cz 82, this would be my CC gun as i have a full size handgun already for everything else.

what are your thoughts on carrying this gun safely. :dunno: any input would be appreciated as im looking to get one with my tax check from someone in the classifieds

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been considering the same thing as well. I've read great comments about the CZ82, such as good reliability and accuracy. I realize that it it older technology and is 'heavy' for the amount of rounds that it carries. But hey, so is a 1911... ;)

Also, a CZ82 can be had fairly inexpensively, and you would definitely have a unique (in a good way) firearm.

Some say the Makaraov (9x18) is on the weaker side for self defense, but I wouldn't want to be shot with it!

Try it out, and if it doesn't work, sell it to someone else for the same amount you bought it for!

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    yea i agree, i plan on getting it no matter what but id like to know if anyone here carries or has carried one. i dont want to blow a hole in my hip though if fall on some ice. (since it seems like there's so much it will never melt)

just wondering what the safety features of this gun are.

Jross1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    I am looking to purchase this exact gun. I hope you like it and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it if you purchase it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a CZ 82 and 83. I don't have any issues with either one. Both are of typical CZ quality and eat anything I feed them. I wouldn't feel under gunned carrying either one. YMMV :yesway:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Carried one for a while until I could afford a new gun. I miss it, after changing the springs for a new set it was a nice shooter. But for me to feel safe carrying I prefer hammer down. Without a decocker that's a risky venture.

Great guns otherwise. Those and the eaa windicator revolvers are the only 2 $200 guns I would ever recommend to someone looking for a cheap gun.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    i carried one for a year before i could afford better. The only hollow points i could find were Hornady. Nice size for CC and VERY accurate.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I too carried one for about a year prior to getting a Cz-75b, I also carried a Cz-83 which is the .380 version of the 82.

The 82/83/Cz-75b all use the same sights so finding night sights should be pretty easy.
    The 82/.380 83 also use the same mags, the .32 83 mags won't work with either the 82 or .380 83.

I always carried with the hammer down, this is my preferred method. I still do this with my 75 as I don't want to have to "remember" to turn off a safety if I ever have to defend myself.

That being said they do have one flaw.

If you buy an 82 be sure to check this part out to make sure it's attached properly, because if it comes detached while firing it WILL jam the trigger to the point of making the weapon useless (you'd have to take it apart to fix it) which is never good.

It wasn't a problem when I owned my 83 (I bought it new), but it happened several times with the 82 while out on the range, this honestly was one of the reasons why I upgraded to the 75b.

Example.jpg

That being said I wouldn't write it off just because of that, as I'm not sure how common the problem is.

Yay! I get to use this now =3 :twocents:

Last edited:

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    I've had one for a couple years and it is a great gun. That said, it was made in an Eastern Bloc country in the 80's and weight was not the main consideration. If you are concerned about the weight of your carry gun, I would get my hands on one before you buy it to get a feel for the weight. Other than that, mine has never misfired in all the rounds put through it. I've duracoated it in a military black and it looks like a million bucks now. Paid $169 at the time so I consider it a great value.

Top Bottom