• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    First Post here! Just checking, does anyone have any personal experience with the Czech CZ-83 ? I saw them on J&G and they look like a decent shooter/carry piece. I like the ex Soviet block stuff because they are built like tanks! I thought it might be a nice low cost alternative to a PPK.

Opinions?

Thanks!

Paul

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    First Post here! Just checking, does anyone have any personal experience with the Czech CZ-83 ? I saw them on J&G and they look like a decent shooter/carry piece. I like the ex Soviet block stuff because they are built like tanks! I thought it might be a nice low cost alternative to a PPK.

Opinions?

Thanks!

Paul

CZ is quality, I have a CZ 75 for self-defense, I had a CZ 52, that never jammed on me, If I were to get a good deal on a CZ 83, I would buy it:yesway:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got a CZ 82. Really need to get around to getting it to the range. Everything I've read about the 82 and 83 has been good.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I agree with Sepe.

I've not heard anything bad about the 82 or the 83.

Many folks absolutely rave at the single action trigger.

As a carry gun, they're "OK". You can find several handguns in 9x19 that are roughly the same size... But not price point, unfortunately. The 9x18 cartridge isn't anything to sneeze at, mind you, but the 9x19 is better.

-J-

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Folks will keep saying "it's same size as 9x19 pistols" but fail to realize the guns of same size in 9x19 recoil ALOT more... :D The larger .380/9mm Mak guns, like the CZs and Beretta 84s are great guns for recoil, recoiling less in my experience than Glock 19s and 26s.

The CZ82/83 series is a great gun, particularly for the money. They are solid steel (no alloy), fixed barrel makes them fairly accurate, their single action trigger is great, they can be carried cocked and locked, CZ75 night sights can fit them, there is a plethora of aftermarket grips from Marschall for them, they are compact with great capacity. The only gun that would exceed it in it's realm is the Beretta 84, but only due to it's lighter weight.

Accuracy, both mechanical and ergonomic, is excellent, even in the beat up milsurp 82s. Personally split on which one, the 82 or 83. .380 is more prevalent (and more variety of JHP available) wherein 9mm Mak is CURRENTLY cheaper (until some jerk pulls an import ban).

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    Thanks for all the responses! I was thinking of the CZ83 just because of the widespread availability of .380. Didn't know about the rest of the "add-ons" . I just picked up a m57 Tokarev on sale @ Gander Mt. I really like the feel , and I can't wait to get it out on the range. Still need to pick up the 1260 can o' ammo for $90 from JG!

Top Bottom