• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I understand the de-cocker versions are a bit trickier to Cajunize and respond "less" to that process. Here are my grievances/questions.

I like the CZ 75 compact for the weight (recoil soaking) and simplicity in Cajunizing and it's corresponding response in DA/SA trigger improvement.

I'm not against the P-01. I do not care about attaching a light.

This will be a carry gun. I have good belts and am used to full-size full steel 1911s on the hip. It would be carried in DA mode. I figured a good way to de-cock this would to thumb the back of the slide between the end of the slide/hammer and drop the hammer to the half-cock notch. Thoughts?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got a CZ75 Compact that I carry in double-action mode, and that's how I drop it to half-cock. Just always be sure to point it in a safe direction, and fully release the trigger before moving your thumb out of the way, with 100% attention on what you're doing, EVERY TIME!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have a 75 compact PCR decocker which I carry decocked. Yes you can decock a 75 compact but it is too easy for something bad to happen. Mine has been fully cajunized (pro kit)by the wizard with combat trigger and is A sweet DA trigger and even sweeter SA. If you are ever in the Carmel/Westfield area I would be happy to let you fondle mine.

I would encourage you to reach out to the wizard (@llh1956) and pick his brain.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've got a CZ75 Compact that I carry in double-action mode, and that's how I drop it to half-cock. Just always be sure to point it in a safe direction, and fully release the trigger before moving your thumb out of the way, with 100% attention on what you're doing, EVERY TIME!

When I carry any of my 75B compacts, this is exactly how I do it as well. I do prefer safety equipped CZs for carry if they are going to be Cajunized. Some decocker CZs can drop to a really light trigger when tuned. My P01 was sub 2# in SA with the full defensive carry kit. It was not something I trusted myself with for carry.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I understand the de-cocker versions are a bit trickier to Cajunize and respond "less" to that process. Here are my grievances/questions.

I like the CZ 75 compact for the weight (recoil soaking) and simplicity in Cajunizing and it's corresponding response in DA/SA trigger improvement.

I'm not against the P-01. I do not care about attaching a light.

This will be a carry gun. I have good belts and am used to full-size full steel 1911s on the hip. It would be carried in DA mode. I figured a good way to de-cock this would to thumb the back of the slide between the end of the slide/hammer and drop the hammer to the half-cock notch. Thoughts?
    I have a P-01 (well, two if you count the one my wife won't give back) and the rail didn't figure into the choice in any way. I find rails on most pistols, and all compact and smaller, to be tools only useful to increase the ugliness of the pistol and would gladly buy an version that didn't have one if offered

I bought it because I liked the size and capacity as well as the ergonomics, and as I carry decocked in DA I prefer a decocker to trying to thumb drop a hammer onto a live round. Why not just buy the correct tool for the job.

I will take your word for it that the decocker interferes with the CGW trigger improvements, this was also not a concern for me because the trigger is quite good right out of the box and I usually am not looking for a match trigger in a deep cover carry weapon. While it might be confidence-affirming to be able to shoot small groups at long distance with a carry weapon, the reality is that that may come in handy in only a small percentage of scenarios. If you expect to engage in a long range gunfight, stick with the 1911s. Long distance accuracy is largely beyond the capabilities of most short barreled handguns and/or their users except from a benchrest

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    If you're going for a game gun, sure worry about the last half oz of trigger weight. If you're going for a carry gun the weight/crispness difference between the decocker and safety triggers should be a LONG secondary to whether you want to carry with a safety or hammer down.

I have a cajunized P01 decocker (got it that way) and a stock RAMI decocker (same fire control group) and both are excellent, one's just a little better/crisper/lighter. Seriously, it's like ordering two filet minions from the best place in town and complaining because one isn't quite as good as the other.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Don’t forget about the P-01 Omega. I think the trigger is plenty good for a carry gun, and I like the forward swept decocker much better than the rear swept one. Fondle one if you can. Of course, this can also be switched to a safety, though I’m not interested in that.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Don't (didn't?) some CZ's ship with the necessary parts to be either? I want to say my P-07 (that I bought new) came with the the part to convert it to SA/safety, but prefer DA/SA so I could be mistaken.

Top Bottom