• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The stock irons that came on the gun works fine but I just don't like fixed iron sights anymore. I prefer flip ups that get out of the way when you mount an optic

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino, I would be glad to let you shoot both the carbine and the pistol if you would like.

You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir! I would be honored by the shooting time and your company!

The stock irons that came on the gun works fine but I just don't like fixed iron sights anymore. I prefer flip ups that get out of the way when you mount an optic

That's cool for shooting, but if it's a weapon I keep ready for defensive use, I keep the irons popped-up in case I don't have time to turn the red dot on (I do not have an Aimpoint that I can leave on until we elect a good President). I actually get a better sight picture with irons and my flashlight (in low light) than I do with a red dot in either low light or daytime.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I nominate Rhino to organize the Scorpion VS MPX shoot. We need to try them all, in all their variations, to see which one is better. :ingo:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    That's cool for shooting, but if it's a weapon I keep ready for defensive use, I keep the irons popped-up in case I don't have time to turn the red dot on (I do not have an Aimpoint that I can leave on until we elect a good President). I actually get a better sight picture with irons and my flashlight (in low light) than I do with a red dot in either low light or daytime.

I have a Holosun on mine and it's worked out so far with an automatic on and off when it is moved and long lasting battery life for a good price. I've been pretty fast at practicing getting my flip ups into action if my red dot fails. It just takes practice to get it right in a hurry. Some people prefer their irons up, some don't.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Wanted to throw out an update on my CZ EVO carbine. I have now put about 800 rounds through mine. It has been flawless with subsonic hand loads and I just love shooting that gun. I wanted to mention 2 things. 1st I started to think that the trigger was going to have to be replaced, but I have found that I got used to it. It is heavy, but with some practice I could fire it very rapidly and I don't feel like I need a lighter trigger. 2nd is that I will most definitely swap out the right side safety lever to a shorter one. After about 400 rounds on Saturday I was missing skin on my right index finger's most proximal knuckle. Your index finger has to ride the safety and over time, blisters/pain are just inevitable. Not sure which lever to buy yet.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I deleted the right side safety and don't regret it.

The problem for me is that I learned to use my right side safety levers on all of my ars to re-engage the safety by retracting my trigger finger up and back. Since this little guy is just for fun, no big deal, but it seems like there are decent options out there for reasonable prices which would allow me to use the safety like I am used to. Worst case though, I would rather be without it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My ARs are ambi too and I can use them instinctively but the lever on the scorpion is in a different spot and takes a different move to manipulate, at least to my feel. I didn't mind deleting it altogether but I would like to try the AK style lever.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    For some reason, I keep hearing a handful of Evo owners having trouble with hollow points. I remember shooting an entire mag of assorted hollow points without a hiccup.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    This thread needs updates...Any of you owners replaced springs and cleaned up the trigger pull?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I polished the mating surfaces of the FCG which helped smooth thing out a lot. I tried the hbi trigger springs and my gun wouldn't run with them at all. After a few thousand rounds it is broken in just fine and feels decent. I haven't upgraded much, only deleted the right side safety.

Id say it's easier to SBR the pistol than the carbine if you want to keep the barrel length and hand guard length of the pistol. If you don't want that configuration then it really doesn't matter.

Top Bottom