• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I wouldn't write off the Legion line if you like the other features. The FCUs are all basically the same. I've had the opportunity to interact with a good number of P320s and P365s, and have noticed a pretty broad variance in trigger pulls out of the box. Some are great, some are pretty gritty and crappy from the get-go. Most will smooth out with some use, cleaning, and good lubrication. Unless they're putting in some extra QC on the FCUs that are going into the Legions (which I doubt), I'd image that you're just as likely to get a sub-par Legion trigger out of the box as you would be if you bought a standard P365.

You're probably right. The Honest Outlaw reviewed the gun and didn't mention the trigger, so my buddy was probably "lucky". It's sad to see that the QC on a $1200 gun isn't better though. Still, I was expecting the same or a little better trigger than the triggers in the 3 P365 series guns I own and was disappointed and so was the buddy who purchased it. Yes, there are other features that are still good, but I honestly prefer my P365 Spectre Comp over the AXG Legion and it was only $750 compared to the $1200 of the Legion.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    After watching a broken trigger spring completely disable a friend's 365 with less than 200 rounds down range they are a nogo for me. Having said that, they feel good in my hand and I think the 322 is the best 22 auto on the market at the moment but 365s are not my cup of tea.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    You're probably right. The Honest Outlaw reviewed the gun and didn't mention the trigger, so my buddy was probably "lucky". It's sad to see that the QC on a $1200 gun isn't better though. Still, I was expecting the same or a little better trigger than the triggers in the 3 P365 series guns I own and was disappointed and so was the buddy who purchased it. Yes, there are other features that are still good, but I honestly prefer my P365 Spectre Comp over the AXG Legion and it was only $750 compared to the $1200 of the Legion.
    Not sure of the background on your friend's gun, or how long he's had it, but did he clean and lube it well before taking it to the range? It's not uncommon for there to be a little grit in there from the factory. The first thing I do is pull the FCU out of the grip, blast it off with gunscrubber and compressed air (don't blow your parts away!), re-lube thoroughly (trigger pivot points, between the trigger bar and frame, and a drop each on the top of the safety lever and disconnector) and put it back. It can make a world of difference.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not sure of the background on your friend's gun, or how long he's had it, but did he clean and lube it well before taking it to the range? It's not uncommon for there to be a little grit in there from the factory. The first thing I do is pull the FCU out of the grip, blast it off with gunscrubber and compressed air (don't blow your parts away!), re-lube thoroughly (trigger pivot points, between the trigger bar and frame, and a drop each on the top of the safety lever and disconnector) and put it back. It can make a world of difference.

I've never thought to do this with a new gun and haven't done it for any of the P365 series guns I have and have never had an issue like this. Might be something I do in the future, but still feel like it's something that shouldn't be needed, especially for a $1200 gun. A sub $500 or $600 gun, yeah not a big deal, but anything over $1k I would think they would make sure it's GTG before it goes out. Just my :twocents:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I've never thought to do this with a new gun and haven't done it for any of the P365 series guns I have and have never had an issue like this. Might be something I do in the future, but still feel like it's something that shouldn't be needed, especially for a $1200 gun. A sub $500 or $600 gun, yeah not a big deal, but anything over $1k I would think they would make sure it's GTG before it goes out. Just my :twocents:
    You're not wrong (although I clean and lube every new semi-auto I buy before I shoot it, just for peace of mind)...they should get extra attention for that price, but I can't say if they do or not. Just sharing what I've observed from handling a bunch of these guns and some steps I've taken to mitigate the problem. It's also entirely possible that your friend's gun has some other issue that needs far more than a clean and lube.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I haven't looked into the legions, but what's the difference other than the AXG module? For me, it's having trouble comprehending the extra $$ into what it translates into. That said, I'm not the guy that buys a car with $10k in options either. I tend to equate the item with the base model as far as pricing goes and that may/may not be fair with the Legion.

Briefly looking, it seems like it's got the integral comp (slide only), the AXG macro sized module, and is OR (like all 365's pretty much are coming out now). I don't think I could justify the extra cost for the AXG module, but I will reserve judgement, as I have not held one of those modules.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I don't think I could justify the extra cost for the AXG module, but I will reserve judgement, as I have not held one of those modules.
    I got to play with one of the 320 AXG modules a few years ago, and really like the feel of it. But I know there's no way it's going to make me shoot $400 better than the plastic factory one. It's been an ongoing conflict for me for several years now, lol. I want one, but I can't come remotely close to justifying the price.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I haven't looked into the legions, but what's the difference other than the AXG module? For me, it's having trouble comprehending the extra $$ into what it translates into. That said, I'm not the guy that buys a car with $10k in options either. I tend to equate the item with the base model as far as pricing goes and that may/may not be fair with the Legion.

Briefly looking, it seems like it's got the integral comp (slide only), the AXG macro sized module, and is OR (like all 365's pretty much are coming out now). I don't think I could justify the extra cost for the AXG module, but I will reserve judgement, as I have not held one of those modules.
    So the 365 legions come with a
    third magazine (50 bucks)
    Aluminum grip module (130 bucks more than a polymer frame)
    Lok grips (65 bucks)
    Range bag (60 bucks)
    There’s 300 bucks not including the gray pvd finish

you can see that the additional prices sig adds for the “legion” name also add accessories (even though some aren’t necessary) I know the range bag isn’t necessarily something everyone wants but I use it all the time, and the pvd finish isn’t really necessary, but it’s durable! My 320 legion is 5 years old, gets shot 2-3 times a month at idpa matches and looks like new! Except for the ding in the frame where I crashed and burned and went down in some gravel at a match, I know where the damage is, but unless I point it out, you’d never know where it is, and it’s in the polymer of the frame! Now the mag well is steel and shows wear from inserting mags

I don’t own a 365 legion, but I do have a 320 legion and when I got it, it had just came out (I ordered it from psa cause no local shops could get one) and I paid 950 for it vs 550 for the standard 320, and I can say that I paid a little extra to get it that soon after introduction, but yes…the legions are worth the premium! (I own 2 standard 320’s)

I also own a 320 axg classic and it was 1299 and has an aluminum frame with walnut grips, and came with a locking case (nigrini) that’s 90 bucks on the site…that’s been in the closet since I bought the gun, and came with 3 mags (that I’ve never used, because I put a factory sig magazine well on the gun, and they won’t work with factory base plates!)

But I take the axg to every idpa match as a backup to my legion, and I can tell you that the tungsten infused polymer grip weighs more that the machined aluminum grip

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    After watching a broken trigger spring completely disable a friend's 365 with less than 200 rounds down range they are a nogo for me. Having said that, they feel good in my hand and I think the 322 is the best 22 auto on the market at the moment but 365s are not my cup of tea.
    coincidentally that happened to my cousin's 365xl. put less than 2 boxes ammo thru and boom, locked up. couldn't even field strip it. she sent it in and they fixed it(broken spring).

hoping its a coincidence and not a trend in the 365s

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So the 365 legions come with a
    third magazine (50 bucks)
    Aluminum grip module (130 bucks more than a polymer frame)
    Lok grips (65 bucks)
    Range bag (60 bucks)
    There’s 300 bucks not including the gray pvd finish

you can see that the additional prices sig adds for the “legion” name also add accessories (even though some aren’t necessary) I know the range bag isn’t necessarily something everyone wants but I use it all the time, and the pvd finish isn’t really necessary, but it’s durable!

The P365 X Macro is a ~$650 - $700 gun, so adding $300 of "value" still leaves it a couple hundred short considering the $1200 price tag. If it's your latest want, it's all good, but "worth it" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't have any desire for one myself. The only Legion I ever owned (and still think is awesome) was a P226 Legion SAO. The pricing of the Legion guns prevents me from wanting to buy another.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The P365 X Macro is a ~$650 - $700 gun, so adding $300 of "value" still leaves it a couple hundred short considering the $1200 price tag. If it's your latest want, it's all good, but "worth it" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't have any desire for one myself. The only Legion I ever owned (and still think is awesome) was a P226 Legion SAO. The pricing of the Legion guns prevents me from wanting to buy another.
    The 365 legion and the 226 legions are the same price

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yeah, I guess what I was saying is I could see the value for the P226 SAO Legion, not so much for the P365 version.
    I’m exact opposite! lol
    I own a 226 legion (got it used, with 2 holsters an extra magazine, gray guns trigger kit all for 900) and was doing a deep clean and launched the mainspring seat somewhere into orbit, couldn’t find it so I ordered another!

A deep clean on a p365 involves pushing out 3 pins, removing the takedown lever and dropping the trigger group into my ultrasonic cleaner!

I wanted to love the 229 sao legion, but couldn’t get my thumb around the safety to reach the slide stop! (Wanted it to be my idpa pistol!) so I passed and ended up buying my 320 axg!…but the funny story is I’m actually thinking about shooting my m11 in idpa (switching to ssp!) and not the 226 legion!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I loved my P226 SAO Legion. I shot it better than pretty much any other gun I've ever owned. Unfortunately, at the time I owned it I needed money in a bad way and ended up selling it. The good part was that I sold it to a good friend, so I occasionally still get to shoot it.

Top Bottom