• ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    CZ_75_D_COMPACT_PCR.png

I just got back from the range where I put about 75 ish rounds of different make and use through my new CZ P-01 PCR gun.

I L O V E this thing.

I was able to get very good groups with it at 10 ish yards.

The grip area for the support hand is a little to get used to. I actually found myself finding a good area of planting with the support hand after a few magazines and my groups tightened up a bit more.

I like the lower center of gravity it has than...say... my Sig 2022. I felt the recoil was more manageable and I was getting on target faster.

The only negative I have found: the pistol came with two TEN (10) round mags.... why 10?

I have Ernie at hoosierguncoat put on night sights (mepros) and I have a raven on the way. I am CARRYING this thing.

small picture, light, DA/SA, decocker.

I love it! :patriot::ingo::rockwoot:

I think I want the CZ P01 standard now!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I keep several CZ 75 variants loaded and ready to go. They are amazing pistols. I know people favor the plastic guns like the Glock or the XDm, but these CZs are simply awesome guns.

There is a 1911 on my hip but a CZ in the desk drawer! Another CZ is my nightstand gun, etc etc etc

You made a great choice!!!

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    Great purchase! I have a CZ 75 P-01 that I carry with me pretty much year round. I love the fact that it is not polymer yet still light weight, it's DA/SA, it has a decocker, is very comfortable, and more accurate than I am. I think you'll be very happy with your PCR :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I told ya they were sweet! :)

oh, and you can usually swap the 10 rounders out for 14 rounders. Call CZ USA.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I think I'm going with my P-01 for a defensive pistol course coming up. I'll take a G-19 as backup, but the P-01 just melts into the hand. IMO, the CZ-75 platform is to pistols what Formula One is to auto racing.

CDNN has the MecGar 14rd mags for $19.99, but they have no rubber bases like the factory mags. Those are available from CZ.

The route I went was to get the CZ mags, with rubber bases, from TopGunSupply.com, for $29.99. I believe they're made by MecGar also, but it's just less hassle to get them with the bases, and about the same money, once everything is shipped.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    good deal, probably fits the hand better than that other gun you used in the YSINTG glad to hear you like it

I started YSINTG with my Eaa witness but went to the other gun I used because of the course of fire

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    good deal, probably fits the hand better than that other gun you used in the YSINTG glad to hear you like it

I started YSINTG with my Eaa witness but went to the other gun I used because of the course of fire

You are very correct. I find myself trying to twist around like I have to do with the 'other' gun; and, it's not needed at all. The grip angle and how the grip curves toward the front of the pistol at the bottom of the mag well makes for a good rapid fire shooting grip. :yesway:

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    I love my CZ compact. I have't found any other pistol that feels the same in my hand. Mine has the 10 round mags also, Mecgar makes the stock mags and are available in 14 round.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    How did it shoot today, sorry I couldn't talk we were in the middle of match but it looked like a good pistol,

Also CZ owners be aware that there have been some CZ magazine changes over the last couple years, somewhere on I think the brian enos forums there is a synopsis of the Mag changes over the last couple years, so buyer beware when it comes to buying CZ 75 magazines, forgive me for not having the link handy

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    How did it shoot today, sorry I couldn't talk we were in the middle of match but it looked like a good pistol,

Also CZ owners be aware that there have been some CZ magazine changes over the last couple years, somewhere on I think the brian enos forums there is a synopsis of the Mag changes over the last couple years, so buyer beware when it comes to buying CZ 75 magazines, forgive me for not having the link handy

I've got 3 new Mecgar mags handy from CDNN. Interesting post. I am gonna go surf and see what I can find out.

I love the pistol. With a different grip and trigger I found myself shooting a low group---sight alignment. :n00b: I found when I did my part it put the round right in bullseye at 10 ish over yonder where we are shooting.

I really am impressed. It's very controllable; but, hand placement is still a work in progress when I actually try fast fired strings. My friend likes it, but I think he likes the G19 better. He's an avid hunter; but, when he saw you guys shootin' up the bowling pins he determined we had to come up and play.

I may have a new shooter hooked!

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    There's yet another option with the CZ or Mecgar 14 round mags, that being they can be modified to accept 16 rounds. Then you'd have 17 (with one in the chamber).

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    They Never USED to be expensive... I purchased mine NIB in 2005 for $350... Now they run over $500 for the basic model, and over $600 for many models.

The CZ-75 and its descendants are phenomenal guns. The CZ-75 Semi-Compact was my first handgun at the ripe age of 19.

It is well balanced, ergonomically correct, accurate, and very reliable.

Top Bottom