• CZ or Remington

• Total voters

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    After owning a Remy 700 SPS for a short while I'd say between your two options I'd go CZ. Unfortunately the Freedomarms take over has not been beneficial for the 700. Or Remington in general. Mine had the scope base mount holes drilled crooked making it impossible to zero a scope. And the trigger recall is also a concern.

Another great option is Savage. I sold my 700 with full disclosure of the issues and bought a Savage model 10 with the accustock and accutrigger and it's a a much better overall rifle IMHO.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The cz is a nicer rifle out of the box. If you want to tinker and customize, the remington has a lot more aftermarket available. In addition, pretty much any gun smith will work on a 700.

Honestly, though, I think the new winchester 70's are the nicest of the non custom factory rifles right now. Since FN bought them, their rifles are VERY nice. Every bit as nice as the pre 64's. If you get a chance, check one out.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I had a CZ527 American and I was shooting sub .75 MOA at 200 yards out of the box. Believe it or not, it shot the best with Winchester white box 45 gr. hollow points.

P.S. that set trigger is sweet.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    My cz452 scout in 22lr likes the 550 bulk pack federal ammo from walmart. It will shoot 10rd .75" groups at 50 yards and its a 16" barrel youth model. Nothing better than a gun that likes cheap ammo. I have a 452 in 17hmr and its probably the best shooting gun I own. Im turning into a cz snob.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Lemme see! CZ which has a great reputation for accuracy and quality or Remington which has been around for a long time and lately is best known for recalling defective products and offering half the purchase price in credit towards another of their products. Tough choice for sure but CZ wins BY A HUGE MARGIN!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The cz is a nicer rifle out of the box. If you want to tinker and customize, the remington has a lot more aftermarket available. In addition, pretty much any gun smith will work on a 700.

Honestly, though, I think the new winchester 70's are the nicest of the non custom factory rifles right now. Since FN bought them, their rifles are VERY nice. Every bit as nice as the pre 64's. If you get a chance, check one out.

+1 I could not have stated it better.

Top Bottom