• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    doing the work myself, having the necessary tools already, I could do it for ~$10, to get a trigger pull in the range of 7-8lb DA, 2.5lb SA, and very smooth and crisp.
    That cost is just to get a new 1911 mainspring. (actually, on the newer berettas, I'd want another ~$30 or so for a metal trigger, also).

D spring is a definite upgrade. A 17-18 lb 1911 mainspring is even better and still should work with all but the hardest primers. When I competed in ipsc/idpa with 92s I used a 15lb 1911 mainspring.

Smoothed out from use helps, but doesn't begin to compare to a real work-over, imo.

-rvb
    Agree with everything you say. I was just being a cheapie when it comes to trigger work. :D :D :D You are correct that you can't beat real work from someone who knows what they are doing.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Well...being a Beretta guy, I would have to say that depends. If it is a standard "newer" model with the slanted dust cover and ugly warning on the frame...those are everywhere and just another run of the mill 92...albeit still a great weapon. But if it is an "older" model 92FS with the straight dust cover, no frame warning on that right side...then that is more desirable to me and most Beretta fans. Also mostly personal preference based on looks rather than performance, although I will declare older 92's had much better triggers than the current crop. My opinion. I did have a CZ and just couldnt get into it...just wasnt quite right for me. Great gun...just not right for some reason? On the other hand, for me the Beretta, while large and much heavier, is one of the most accurate and p,easant to shoot handguns available. And yes I know...everybody has their own opinion, so this is just mine. Personally, I would take one of the afformentioned Beretta 92FS's all day everyday over any CZ. But if it wasnt one of those "older" models...probably not.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you have not done anything with your P07 trigger, consider doing a quick polish job. It's similar to doing the 25 cent trigger job on a Glock in that you are just smoothing parts that come in contact with each other. That, and adjusting the lifter spring, can make a huge difference in the feel of the gun for next to zero cost. Once polished, you can start adding Cajun parts if you want, but the gun comes out pretty nice for a stock gun with just a bit of polish in the right places.

gond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2017
    Sheridan
    I have a P-07 and my roommate has the 92FS. Just last week I was alternating mags with them. Both great guns but completely different feel. Honestly after shooting my roommates 92 I want one but I would never trade my CZ for it. I will save up cash and go buy it.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    I like CZ pistols, especially the metal ones. The polymer models, such as the P-07 are nice. I have experience with the 40 S&W model. It shoots very well and is accurate. However, from a subjective perspective, the Beretta "feels" like a nicer gun. I am not saying it is more reliable, but in the hand it just seems like a more expensive gun, in a slightly higher class than the polymer CZ's.

I do believe that many of the horror stories from the military M-9's are due to abuse and magazine selection/issues that the civilian user is unlikely to encounter.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I kind of prefer the Gen 1 P07 myself. Sure, you give up the front slide serrations and changeable back straps, but you gain compatibility with standard 75B mags. Plus, I like the look of the early guns that have half inch of barrel poking out of the end of the slide.

Top Bottom