• CZ p07 or Glock 19 for EDC?

• Total voters

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I had a P07 Duty for a short time a couple years ago, it was a nice gun. I seem to remember when they first came out there was some issues with flexing on the frame or something, but I think they corrected it pretty quick. Like someone else stated I just never fell in love with it; doesn't have the same charm as the metal framed CZ pistols IMO. I'm just too invested in the Glock platform to really want to switch to a different polymer framed gun at this point... If I did it would probably be the Sig P320.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I didn't actually vote, because I didn't want to skew your poll. I love the feel of the CZ, it just fits my hands and points more naturally for me than the Glock. I shoot the P-07 better than the G19 and I really like the gray suppressor ready model with the +2 base pads on the magazines. The newer P-07's come with metal sights (suppressor ready model with suppressor height night sites). The trigger on the P-07, at least in single action, is pretty darn nice. With all of that said, here are a few things to consider;

1. Accessories and aftermarket parts are everywhere for the Glocks. If you are not one to modify a gun, then that may not matter to you.
    2. Magazines are cheaper for the Glock, so if you are going to be buying extras that is worth looking at. If you only want a couple extra's that difference may not matter.
    3. The G19 can run G17 and G18 magazines if you want or need to.
    4. Glocks are easy to work on. Though in fairness, I haven't torn down a P-07 yet.
    5. There are ton's of holsters available for G19. There are some good ones for the P-07's too, but not as wide of a selection.
    6. Have you seen all the torture tests done on the Glocks? Not saying the CZ couldn't pass them too, but the Glock has for sure.

In the end it is up to you. I like the CZ, but the Glock has a lot going for it.

Top Bottom