• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Put my first rounds through my new CZ P09 in 40 SW.

Accuracy: For me, this really means, "How well I was able to shoot it." The answer is: pretty well. My first five shots from seven yards made one ragged hole. I picked up speed after that and of course the group opened. I shot a 10 shot group at 25 yards that measured about 4 inches.

Recoil: Less than I expected. I'd say the muzzle flip was about like my P01, but it came straight back a little harder.

Speed: I was able to shoot it faster than any 9mm I have except my two Shadows. The sights seem to come back down nicely in the same spot as long as my grip is tight, better than anything I've shot other than again, my two Shadows.

Trigger: Not so much. Double action is actually okay, a little bit heavy, a little be gritty. Single action isn't so good, but I'm spoiled. Too much creep. Reset was actually pretty good. Cajun parts to be ordered soon.

Ergonomics: I put the largest backstrap on, because it felt the best in my hands. My hand got tired at the range, so I'm going to try to middle size next time. I tend to rest my right thumb on the decocker or safety, but the way the decocker is made I couldn't find a place to index my thumb to, so it was a bit distracting. I'm sure this will be cured with shooting it more, because I want to stick with the decocker.

Value: Through the roof. I paid $405 for it, NIB. Crazy good for the price.

Overall: I like it a lot, more than I thought I would.

Top Bottom