• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm thinking about putting together a fun/class striker fire handgun. there some really good deals on P10's and I like the new M&P spec series but can also put together something similar if not available. I will add a few things to squeeze as much as I can out of the platform. I'm looking for the softest shooting out of the two. witch is the softest shooter and or best overall. a secondary questions is what is more effective?. compensator vs ported?.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The guns are essentially the same weight and recoil impulse is going to more or less the same with the 2.0 polymer frame being just a tad lighter.

The guns (SW vs CZ) have a different feel in the hand and I suspect that the determining factor in recoil perception is going to be how it feels to you.

Comps/Ports in a 9mm? Ehh. Marginally effective, at best, in keeping the nose down, adds to the noise level and doesn't have any impact on recoil - in my "experience". Don't get me wrong - I think a comp'd pistol is cool.

The out of the box trigger is far better in the CZ from the pre-travel to the reset. A SW with an Apex is a nice set-up but the reset still isn't great.

If money matters, it is hard to support that the Spec gun is twice the gun of the CZ and this from a guy that has 1.0 and 2.0 SWs.

I might put the following gun up against the Spec gun. I don't have any experience with it but it has interested me since its release.

Best course of action would be to buy all four and then let us know your conclusions.

Last edited:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The guns are essentially the same weight and recoil impulse is going to more or less the same with the 2.0 polymer frame being just a tad lighter.

The guns (SW vs CZ) have a different feel in the hand and I suspect that the determining factor in recoil perception is going to be how it feels to you.

Comps/Ports in a 9mm? Ehh. Marginally effective, at best, in keeping the nose down, adds to the noise level and doesn't have any impact on recoil - in my "experience". Don't get me wrong - I think a comp'd pistol is cool.

The out of the box trigger is far better in the CZ from the pre-travel to the reset. A SW with an Apex is a nice set-up but the reset still isn't great.

If money matters, it is hard to support that the Spec gun is twice the gun of the CZ and this from a guy that has 1.0 and 2.0 SWs.

I might put the following gun up against the Spec gun. I don't have any experience with it but it has interested me since its release.

Best course of action would be to buy all four and then let us know your conclusions.

I been looking for one but they are vaporware, I heard great things about it but they are nowhere to be found.

JRHawkins1118

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I recently picked up the P10 OR/SR. I couldn’t get my hands on the optic plate. Cz Custom send me to C&H Precision for my Holosun 507 comp plate. They were quick. I got the plate in just a couple of days. The screws they sent don’t work well with the mount on the gun, so unless you have a supply on extra screws have a gunsmith mount it if that’s the plate your getting. It’s the rmr/sro/holosun plate.

I also put a Cajun Gun Works package with the CGW trigger. Its trigger isn’t bad out of box. I just wanted the pretravel gone. I also put in a steel guide rod and a 13# recoil spring. The springs are only $6 so you can tune it as you like. Their kit really isn’t very expensive and doesn’t include a lot of modifications like the p07/09 kit.

It’s pretty flat shooting. I thought about putting a Taylor brass back-strap on it, but I’m holding on that. I thought it felt awesome at the range yesterday.

Palmetto has that model pretty inexpensively.

Top Bottom